Cactus Communications is a leading provider of scientific communication services to more than 60,000 clients across 116 countries. They engage a team of highly skilled editors who are experts in various academic fields. CACTUS is honored to be ranked 12th (after a screening of more than 47,000 companies) on FlexJobs' 2017 list of Top 100 Companies for Remote Jobs. (See Forbes article.)
They are currently looking to hire editors on a fulltime work-from-home basis in the Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences and Engineering, and Humanities and Social Sciences.
Editors: Biomedical Sciences, Physical Sciences & Humanities (Fulltime, work-from-home)
Are you looking for a fulltime job opportunity that does not require you to travel?
WHAT YOU WILL DO
• Edit manuscripts such that the final text is in standard scientific English and is free of unclear or unidiomatic sentences
• Adhere to job-specific instructions and format manuscripts according to the target journal when required
• Understand client and industry requirements and adapt working approach accordingly
• Meet deadlines
• Receive training to become adept at the points mentioned above
WHY THIS IS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY
• Flexibility. You can work from anywhere in India.
• You will receive training to become adept at editing.
• You will have unlimited access to exclusive interviews with industry experts, articles on the latest industry trends, and publication and writing tips on our learning and discussion platform.
• At CACTUS, you will be exposed to research carried out worldwide and will get an insider’s view of the burgeoning, multi-million-dollar publishing industry.
WHAT YOU NEED
• A Bachelor’s/Master’s/PhD degree in any sub-specialization of medicine, life sciences, physical sciences, engineering or the humanities/social sciences
• Excellent written English skills and attention to detail
• Familiarity with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
To apply, please access the relevant link below:
• For Biomedical Sciences, click here: http://bit.ly/1Y5akDi
• For Physical Sciences and Engineering, click here: http://bit.ly/23iPhP6
• For Humanities and Social Sciences, click here: http://bit.ly/1rqEsi8
Note: This is a fulltime opportunity, not part-time or freelance
10th March, 2017.