DIGITAL SCHOOL OF VIRTUAL AND OPEN LEARNING (DSVOL)
The Digital School was created out of the University desire to leverage technology mediated learning with a view to enhance access to university education.
To become the preferred School of choice, in the use of modern technologies in the delivery of quality education, training and professional development.
To enhance the quality of higher education through flexible modes of delivery and modern technology, for individual and society development.
- To provide learning opportunities to clients who are in full time or part-time work, who have family or community commitments, or who are unable to take up full time on campus programmes.
- To provide a wide range of quality programme or certificate, diploma and degree levels, that respond to needs of the market, through blended and online format.
- To customize programmes to meet specific needs of individual organizations or institutions locally and in the region.
- To partner with similar institutions and organizations locally, regionally and internationally, in pursuit of the School mandate.
- To undertake continuing capacity development of staff to enable them to orient and adjust to new technologies and approaches in e-Learning.
The Digital School comprises of three main Departments Content Development, Teaching and Quality Assurance and Examinations. The Digital School has Centres in Nairobi, Mombasa, Kisumu, Nakuru, Kakamega, Kericho, Nyeri, Embu, Garissa and Marsabit.