The Centre thematic focuses among others include:
- Tourism Climatic and Seismic Resilience (Drought, Floods, Landslides, Sea level rise)
- Tourism Pandemic /Epidemic Resilience (Cholera, Ebola, Rift Valley fever, Coronavirus)
- Tourism Security /Cyber Security Resilience (terrorism, Poaching, Cyber attacks etc)
- Tourism Entrepreneurial Resilience (Training, Mentoring etc)
- Economic Disruptions (Elections, Technologies etc)
- Emerging challenges facing tourism industry.
The roles of the Centre are:
- Creating, producing and generating toolkits.
- Develop guidelines and policies to handle the recovery process following a disaster.
- Assist with preparedness, management and recovery from disruptions and/or crises that impact tourism and threaten economies and livelihoods.
- To collate data generated from different organizations related to tourism industry.
- To network on knowledge generation and sharing with other relevant regional and international bodies.