MANAGER, KENYATTA UNIVERSITY FUNERAL HOME
- Bachelors of Science in Human Anatomy , Medical Laboratory Sciences or related area.
- At least five (5) years experience as a Mortuary Manager or Mortuary Superintendent in a reputable mortuary or a funeral home.
- Master of Science degree in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the relevant regulatory or professional body
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of the relevant legislations
- Knowledge of professional standards.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Plan for all funeral home services.
- Set marketing and financial targets for the funeral home and ensure their achievement within the University Income Generated Activities framework.
- Coordinate and provide funeral services in the funeral home according to clients’ needs and the established standards and regulations
- Supervise morticians together with their services, in the funeral home to ensure they comply to standards and regulations
- Ensure and coordinate continuous training and development of the funeral home staff, for their effective and efficient performance and productivity.
- Ensure that the funeral home assets are functioning properly in order to offer quality and timely services.
- Respond to, in collaboration with the legal officers, customer needs and complaints, legal inquiries, payments negotiations, or other post service matters
- Ensure proper record management.
FACILITY MANAGER, UNICITY
The UNICITY is a newly opened mall, located at a vantage position with easy access & exit from the Thika Super Highway. It has ample parking and 24 hr. CCTV security system. It also has a modern Petrol station and carwash..
The mall is set to have a large anchor shop, children entertainment area, banking halls, food courts, saloons, coffee shops, mobile phone shops, jewelry stores, gym & spa, clothing boutiques, show rooms for electronics, medical clinics, pharmacies, furniture shops & house hold goods stores among other facilities.
Kenyatta University seeks to recruit competent and dedicated applicants to fill up the following position:
- Bachelors of Engineering (Civil, Electrical or Mechanical) Land Economics, Building Economics or related field.
- Those with Bachelor in Engineering MUST have training in Business Management and/ or Administration.
- Masters Degree will be an added advantage.
- Registration with respective regulatory and/or professional body where applicable.
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience, two (2) of which MUST be in a management role.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of budgeting, service contracts and leasing agreements.
Main Duties and Responsibilities.
- Monitor the performance of the various aspects of the shopping mall operations, identify and solve problems.
- Develop and maintain sound, professional relationships with all tenants.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other key third parties including government offices, relevant associations, suppliers, etc.
- Monitor developments in the local and international arena that affect the Mall and ensure that local operations meet best practice.
- Actively participate in meetings and make regular reports to management on performance of the facility
- Provide guidance/advice for long term planning for the Mall.
- Effectively communicate Management decisions to all stakeholders and staff as and when necessary.
- Oversee all operation of the Petrol Station.
TERMS OF SERVICE:
The appointments for these positions will be for a contractual period of renewable two (2) years subject to satisfactory performance and delivery of set performance targets and outcomes.
The applicants should provide full details of educational and professional qualification, work experience, present post and salary, applicant’s telephone number and e-mail address.
Copies of certificates and testimonials should also be enclosed giving the names and addresses of three (3) referees who are conversant with the applicant’s competence in area of specialization.
Applicants and Referees should write directly to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration)
P. O. BOX 43844 – 00100
Applications and letters from the referees should be received not later than,
9th October 2017
Kenyatta University is an equal opportunity employer and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Women and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.