CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
WRITING OPINION PIECES ON THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE COMPETENCY BASED CURRICULUM IN THE CONTEXT OF COVID-19 FOR NEWSPAPERS
As a leading university in Kenya especially in the area of education, Kenyatta University is expected to provide research-based conceptual and technical leadership as Kenya implements the competency-based curriculum in the context of COVID-19.
In response to this expectation, the Committee to Monitor, Review and Respond to Ongoing Education and Curriculum Reforms, wishes to engage the public through the publication of a series of opinion pieces by the KU community in mainstream newspapers in the country.
Interested academic and non-academic members of staff as well as Kenyatta University students are invited to submit EOI to write one or more of the opinion pieces based on the themes available on the following link: OpEd. The not more than 250 words EOI should indicate:
- The general area one wishes to write on;
- The tentative heading of the opinion piece; and
- An outline of the key arguments the opinion piece will advance.
The pieces are intended to start appearing in newspapers from mid-August 2020. Submission of an EOI will thus be taken to be a commitment to work as per the following tight datelines:
- Submission of EOI by close of business on 16th July 2020
- Notification of selected writers 22nd July 2020
- Submission of draft opinion pieces 29th July 2020
- Feedback to writers 7th August 2020
- Submission of final draft 10th August 2020
Receipt of EOI for the first lot of articles to be published will close by midnight July 16, 2020.
NB: The University will facilitate writers whose opinion pieces will be published.
Prof. John Okumu
DEPUTY VICE CHANCELLOR, ACADEMIC