I hold a Doctor of Philosophy in Business Administration Marketing.I also hold a Masters degree in Strategic Management & Marketing, a BA (Hons Degree) in Business Studies and Sociology. I also hold other professional credentials in Marketing, Customer Relationship Management, accounts administration & profitability skills and Diploma in computing. I am also skilled and experienced in Strategy Development, Business Management and Customer Service Management. My skills include high proficiency in information analysis, communication skills both verbal and written, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and change management skills.
I have worked with various Government agencies and private companies with a mandate to develop their marketing programmes locally and internationally. I have also been instrumental in the development of various strategic plans and implementation of the same. Im currently the Patron Marketing Students Association, Kenyatta University where I continually mentor and develop marketing professionals.
Area of Specialization
Customer Service,Partnership Development, Strategic Management, Marketing Research, Public Relations,New Market Identification, Total Quality Management
- Murigi EM (2017) Social Marketing in Principles of Marketing: A Skill Building Approach. Nairobi. Focus Publishers, ISBN 978-9966-7249-4-6.
- Murigi E.M, Muathe SMA,Kuria Thuo J &Gikonyo NK (2017). Social Marketing Price and Behaviuoral Change on Youth in the slums of Nairobi County, Kenya. Conference proceedings, SIMSR & Acia Pacific Journals
Ndegwa, P. W., Wario, G., Orwa, G.,Ng’ang’a, R. & Murigi, E. M. (2014). Legal Framework as a Determinant of Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Programmes in the Manufacturing Sector in Kenya. International Journal of Human Resource Studies. ISSN 2162- 3058 ;2014, Vol. 4, No. 4
PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
- 2017 : Internat ional Mul t idiscipl inary Conference, Gretsa Universi ty : Presented a paper on Prevent ive measures, rehabi l i tat ion cent res and behavioural change toalcohol and tobacco usage among youth in Nai robi County, Kenya.
- 2017 : Sustainable Urban Development workshop, Kenyat t a Universi ty : Presented a paper on women entrepreneurship skills a d perf rmance of SME ’ s in NairobiCounty,Kenya
- 2017 : SIMSR Global Market ing Conference, Mumbai , India -2017 : Presented a paper on Social Market ing Price and behavioural change to alcoho l and tobacco usage among youth in Nai robi County, Kenya.
- 2014 : AIBUMA Annual Conference, Nai robi ,Kenya : Presented a paper on Social Marketing: Marketers: Responses to Social Challenges in Kenya.
Consultancy work done
- Jan 2017 to date: Meru Dairy Co-operative Union Limited: Development and monitoring the implementation of the Marketing Plan and Market entry Strategy.
- July 2015: Laikipia County Government: Organised the 1stever Investment Conference.
- May 2015: Simlaw Seeds Limited: Staff training on Market Research and conducted a Midterm review of the Strategic Pan(2013-2018)
- June 2014: Harleys Limited: trained staff on development of functional Marketing Plans