Dr. Fredrick W S Ndede is the current director of Kenyatta University Embu Campus. A lecturer of Accounting and Finance in the Department of Accounting and Finance in the School of Business at Kenyatta University, he holds a PhD in Finance from Kenyatta University, Master of Commerce from Poona University, Bachelor of Commerce from Rani Durgavati University (Jabalpur) and a Certificate in Public Relations from University of Nairobi.
He has a long experience in university teaching and supervision at undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate having supervised and continues to supervise several postgraduate students. Also, Dr. Ndede has a long experience in administration. Currently, he is Chairman of Postgraduate Board in the Department of Accounting and Finance and a member of the School of Business Postgraduate Board. He was Chairman of the Department of Accounting and Finance in the School of Business (2010-2014), Department of Business Studies in the Faculty of Education (1995-1998) after serving as acting chairman for the same Department several times (1993-1995). Earlier, he was the Examination Coordinator and Faculty Advisor to students in the Department of Business Studies. In addition, he serves as examiner for MSc (Finance), MBA and PhD thesis for Kenyatta University, University of Nairobi and St. Paul’s University. He has attended several conferences/ workshops.
Dr. Ndede is a member of the peer reviewers’ team of National Commission for Science and Technology and Innovations (NACOSTI). He is also a member of the Non-Fiction Authors’ Association and an Associate Member (AMKIM) of the Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
Publications in Refereed Journals
Kiara, A. K., & Ndede, F. W. S. (2019). Internal environment and financial performance of deposit taking microfinance institutions in Nairobi City County, Kenya. The Strategic Journal of Business & Change Management, 6 (3), 145 – 159
2019: Jackline Wasilwa, Dr. Fredrick W.S. Ndede, Dr. Mungai J.N., and “Tax Compliance and Level of Tax Collection among Small and Medium Size Enterprises in Kiambu County, Kenya", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR),https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v8i7/show_abstract.php?id=4071901, Volume 8 Issue 7, July 2019, 635 - 643
- 2019; Isabella Kogei, Ambrose Jagongo, Fredrick Ndede. "Lending Interest, Inflation and Foreign Exchange Rates Relationship with Loan Delinquency in the Tea Subsector in Kenya", International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)ISSN: 2319-7064Volume 8 Issue 5, May 2019, 1611 - 1619
2018: Samoei, A. K. & Ndede, F. Adoption of e-procurement and financial performance of Ministry of education, science and technology, Kenya. International Academic Journal of Economics and Finance, 3(2), 385-409
2018: Nyangori Wilfred, Makori and Dr. Fredrick, W S Ndede. Credit Risk Management and Level of Non-Performing loans in Commercial Banks in Kenya. International Journal of Trends in Scientific Research and Development Vol.2. ISSN-2456-6470(Online)
- 2017: Agunga Mourine A., Jagongo Ambrose (PhD) & Ndede Fredrick W. S (PhD). Financial Literacy and Financial Preparedness for Retirement among Permanent and Pensionable Employees in State Owned Corporations in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 8. No. 11 Pp. 68-83 ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online)
- 2017: Fredrick W.S. Ndede, Martin Otieno Mbewa & Jagongo Ambrose. Regulatory Framework Demographic Determinants of Acquisition of Financial Services by MSEs in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 8 No.8 Pp.67-80 ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021
- 2017: Hussein, D J and F.W.S Ndede. Credit Risk Management and Access to Banking Services by Islamic Banking Customers in Kenya. International Journal of Finance. Vol.2 (6) Pp. 75-102.
- 2017: Ndede Fredrick W.S & Kavoya Job Musyoka The effect of market structure on The level of non-performing loans among commercial banks in Kenya International Journal of Scientific Research and Innovative Technology ISSN: 2313-3759
- 2017: Mwai E.Nyawira, Jagongo Ambrose (PhD), Fredrick W. Ndede (PhD). The Relationship between Capital Requirement and Financial Performance of Commercial Banks in Kenya.. International Journal of Business and Social Science ISSN 2219-1933 (Print), 2219-6021 (Online)
- Ndede Fredrick and Mokua Angela, 2017, Evaluation of Micro-credit finance on financial performance of small and medium enterprises in Nakuru County, Imperial Journal of Interdisciplinary Research Vol 3 Issue 2, ISSN 2454-1362
2016: Presented a joint paper by Dr. Mbewa and Dr. Jagongo at the 2016 Global Development Finance conference at Durban South Africa “Regulatory framework and demographic determinants of acquisition of financial services by MSEs in Nairobi, KenyaMSEsEffects of dividend policy on share prices of Firms listed at the Nairobi Securities Exchange,Kenya
- Tuigong Wilson Kibet,Jagongo, A.O, Ndede, F.W.S (2016);'Empirical Analysis Of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange, Research Journal of Finance and Accounting. Vol. 7 No. 7 ,Pp;220-230
Waswa, C. W., Ndede, F. S., and Jagongo, A 2014. “Empirical Analysis Of Determinants of Dividend Payout of Agricultural Firms Listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange.”, International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 11(1),ISSN 2219-2021
- Matete, J.K, Ndede, F.S, and Jagongo A. (PhD), Factors Affecting Pricing of Loanable Funds by Commercial Banks in Kenya International Journal of Business and Social Science Vol. 5, No. 7; June 2014
- Commissioned by Nairobi University Press as Manuscript Reviewer for a book titled “Elements of Organizational Behavior”.
Vetted Interactive learning modules
- BAC 300: Management Accounting 1. (For students taking B.Com).
- EBS 101: Basic accounting practice. (For students taking B.A and BED).
Reviewed Conference Papers
Scholarly Presentations at Conferences/Workshops/Seminars
Conferences /Workshops attended
2016: The 2016 Global Development Finance Conference held 23rd - 24th November 2016, at The Gateway Hotel Umhlanga Durban, South Africa.
2016: Workshop on Supporting Entrepreneurship Education in East Africa at the School of Business, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2013: Teaching Methodology and Evaluation workshop; by the Center for Teaching Excellence and Evaluation, Kenyatta University.
- 2012: Open Access and Institutional Repository Workshop at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies 29th and 30th August, 2012.
- 2011: Workshop on Entrepreneurship for Agribusiness and Trade in Hargeisa, Somaliland on 1st and 2nd February 2011
- Titles of the presented papers: 1. Financial Management, 2. Book-keeping and accounting
- 2011: Kenyatta University Leadership Orientation Workshop 29th and 30th March, 2011 at Utali Hotel.
- 2010: Management of University Departments at the School of Monetary Studies in Nairobi, Kenya on 8th- 10th September, 2010.
- 2007: International Conference on Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs) at the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Enterprise development (CEED), Kenyatta University, on 14 - 16th November 2007.
- 2006: Case writing workshop- Richard Ivey School of Business. The University of Western Ontario.
- 2005: Teaching with cases workshop-Richard Ivey School of Business. The university of Western Ontario.
- 2000: Public Relations Strategic Seminar Nairobi. A workshop for middle level Management for Jaribu Credit Traders.
- 2000: Kenya Institute of Management Public Relationship Budget Seminar at Nairobi Safari Club, Nairobi, Kenya.
- 2000: Financial Management for SACCO Societies. Optimum Management Institute Nairobi. Ngong Hills Hotel, Nairobi.
- 1999: Financial Management Workshop for publishers. Kenya Publishers Association Workshop Lake Nakuru Lodge, Kenya.
- 1999: Financial Management for pre-primary Institutions managers. Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 1998: Effective Management of Examinations Workshop: Lillian Towers, Nairobi, Kenya, on 22nd Aug.-29th Aug. 1998, organized by Kenya Institute of Management (KIM).
- 1988: Role of Auditing in Public Sector – Ministry of Finance workshop. Kenyatta International Conference Centre, Nairobi.
- 1987: Inaugural Workshop for the Institute of Certified Public Secretaries (ISPK), Kenya Institute of Administration, Nairobi.
- September, 2016: Vice-Chancellor’s 2016 Research Grant
- February, 2018: National NRF Grant for Multidisciplinary Collaborative Research 2018/2019
- March, 2013:Bill & Melinda Gates Foundations Application for 2013 Research Grant