Dr. Elishiba Murigi, holds a Doctor of Philosophy (Marketing), Master’s degree (Strategic Management) and BA First Class Honors (Business Studies and Sociology). She also holds other professional credentials in Marketing, Strategy Development and Implementation, Customer Relationship Management, Public Relations and Information Technology. Her skills include high proficiency in information analysis, communication skills both verbal and written, negotiation skills, interpersonal skills and change management skills.
Dr Elishiba Murigi has worked with various Government agencies and private corporations with a mandate to develop their strategic marketing and customer service programmes locally and internationally in the banking, professional examinations and academic development industries. She has also been instrumental in the development of various strategic plans and implementation of the same. She has worked as an Examination Co-ordinator, (School of Business, Kenyatta University), Corporate Affairs Manager (KASNEB), Assistant Marketing Manager (KASNEB), Corporate Service Assistant (Barclays Bank) and as a Procedure Development Specialist (Barclays Bank, Pan-Africa). She is currently the Online Communications Manager (Kenyatta University) and the Patron of the Marketing Students Association, Kenyatta University where she continually mentors and develops marketing professionals.
Area of Specialization
Customer Service, Partnership Development, Strategic Management, Marketing Research, Public Relations, New Market Identification, Total Quality Management
Echwa M & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019) Strategic Leadership and Performance of Domestic Airline Firms in Kenya, Eastern Africa Journal of Contemporary Research (EAJCR), Vol. 1, Issue 2, 2019, ISSN: 2663-7367 (Online) & ISSN: 2663-7359.
Nyanchama, Peninah Andrew & Elishiba Murigi(2019) The Effect of Customer focus Strategies on performance of Cooperative Bank of Kenya, Journal of Strategic Management, Volume 3, Issue 2 PP 1-14
Annstellah Gakii & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019). Advertising and Service Quality in the Mobile Phone Industry in Kenya, European Journal of Business and Strategic Management, ISSN 2518-265X (Online) Volume 4 Issue 1 PP 39-50.
- Mercy Warugru Kirima & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi (2019). Demographic Perspective and Organizational Performance in Occidental Insurance Company, European Journal of Business and Strategic Management, ISSN 2518-265X (Online) Volume 4 Issue 1 PP 30-38.
- Kanyuiro Stanley & Murigi Elishiba Muthoni (2018). Brand Aspects and Customer Loyalty at Unaitas Sacco, Nairobi City County, Kenya. International Journal of Current Aspects in Social Sciences (IJCASS), ISSN 2616-6976, Volume 2, Issue 2, July 2018, PP 10-18
- Murigi E.M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK (2017). Social Marketing Price and Behavioural Change on Youth in the slums of Nairobi County, Kenya. Published in the Compendium of the Conference proceedings in the Asian Pacific Journals
Ndegwa, P. W., Wario, G., Orwa, G., Ng’ang’a, R. & Murigi, E. M. (2014). Legal Framework as a Determinant of Implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Programmes in the Manufacturing Sector in Kenya. International Journal of Human Resource Studies. ISSN 2162-3058; 2014, Vol. 4, No. 4
- Bula H.O, Murigi Elishiba & Ngigi D (2018) Innovation inclusion for Sustainability of Livelihoods of Urban Women Entrepreneurs in Informal Settlements in Nairobi, Kenya: Sustainable Development in Africa, Spears Media Press LLC, 177-199
- Murigi EM (2017) Social Marketing in Principles of Marketing: A Skill Building Approach. Nairobi. Focus Publishers, ISBN 978-9966-7249-4-6.
PARTICIPATION IN CONFERENCES
June 21st- -22nd 2019 : Caroline Anupi Abuli & Elishiba Muthoni Murigi : The Effect of Physical Evidence Strategy on Performance of Alcohol Manufacturing and Distributing Firms in Kenya presented at the International Business Research & Industrial Conference, North Coast Beach Hotel, Mombasa.
June 21st -22nd 2019 Guantai Doreen Kanana & Murigi Elishiba Muthoni : The Influence ofMarketing Strategies on Performance of Kenya Airways at the International Business Research & Industrial Conference, North Coast Beach Hotel, Mombasa
- November 7th 2017: Murigi E. M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK: Preventive measures, rehabilitation centres and behavioural change to alcohol and tobacco usage among youth in Nairobi County, Kenya. Presented at the International Multidisciplinary Conference, Gretsa University Conference Room.
- June 22nd 2017 Bula Hannah Orwa, Murigi Elshiba, & Ngigi David: Innovation inclusion for Sustainability of Livelihoods of Urban Women Entrepreneurs in Informal Settlements in Nairobi, Kenya. Presented at EDSA workshop at Kenyatta University Conference room.
- February 9th – 10th 2017: Murigi E. M, Muathe SMA, Kuria Thuo J & Gikonyo NK Social Marketing Price and behavioural change to alcohol and tobacco usage among youth in Nairobi County, Kenya. Presented at the 12th SIMSR Global Marketing Conference, Mumbai, India
- July 11th 2014: Murigi E.M & Kuria Thuo: Social Marketing: Marketers: Responses to Social Challenges in Kenya. Presented at the AIBUMA Conference, University of Nairobi.
UNIVERSITY LEVEL TEACHING MATERIALS
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Principles of Marketing, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta, University.
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Marketing, Planning & Control, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta University.
- Murigi, E.M (2017) Marketing Management, Digital School of Virtual Learning Material for the Department of Business Administration, School of Business, Kenyatta University.
MEMBERSHIP TO PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
- Toastmaster International (Public Speaking)
- External Examiner- School of Business , Gretsa University