MASTER OF SCIENCE IN ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Why this course?
Our MSc in Entrepreneurship is a highly practical, career-focused programme that addresses the global demand for talented entrepreneurs and those working for and managing entrepreneurial ventures.
The students learn how to transform theoretical concepts in entrepreneurship into viable practical business ventures with the aim of promoting innovation and creating employment.
By the end of the programme students will possess knowledge, skills and abilities that introduce best entrepreneurial practices and entrepreneurial strategy to businesses. The students will have opportunity to interact with experts in various fields, and successful entrepreneurs at the innovation centre located in the university.
General structure of the Masters Programme
The programme of study for the MSc (Entrepreneurship) degree is by coursework, examination and thesis. The programme is offered in two modes, full-time and part-time with students in both modes being required to take a total of twenty (20) units by the end of the programme. In the first year of study, a student is required to take twelve (12) core units. In the second year of study, a student will concentrate on research work and submit a thesis. The thesis is equivalent to eight (8) units.
- $1i. A holder of at least an upper second class honors Bachelor degree (or its equivalent) of Kenyatta University or of any other recognized university.
- $1ii. A holder of a lower second class Bachelor degree or its equivalent of Kenyatta University or of any other recognized university with proven ability in research.
Master of Science in Entrepreneurship graduates will be well suited to find employment in a variety of exciting roles both in the country and around the globe. This may involve:
- $1· Starting and managing own businesses.
- $1· Working for both local and international consultancy firms.
- $1· Working in large public and private entrepreneurial corporations.
- $1· Managing small market enterprises with high growth potential.
- $1· Working in both governmental and non-governmental agencies which promote entrepreneurship in developing countries.