Dr. Susan Okeri
Position: Senior Lecturer and Chairperson
Dr. Susan Okeri is the Chairperson of the Department of Econometrics and Statistics, Kenyatta University. Dr. Okeri is a holder of Ph.D in Economics from Kenyatta University, MA (Economics) from University of Nairobi and BEd (Economics and Mathematics)- First Class Honours from the University of Nairobi. Dr. Okeri is very experienced in teaching quantitatives, monetary economics and econometrics. Her interests revolve around energy and resource economics.
Research and Publications
- Onuonga, S.M (2018).Assessing the stability of money multipliers: Evidence from Kenya. Journal of Economics and Finance, vol9 issue 4 pp61-71.
- Vugigi, S.K; G.N. Thoithi; J.I Ogaji &S.M.Onuonga (2017). Production capacity of the Pharmaceutical manufacturing Industry in Kenya. East and Central African Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, vol 20, 3-12.
- Githinji, N., onuonga , S.M., and Sichei, M.M (2018). Institutions` effect on household` savings in Kenya: A ranked ordered multinomial/conditional probit model approach. Journal of economics and International Finance , vol 10(5) 43-57
- Githinji, N., onuonga , S.M., and Sichei, M.M (2018.Institutions` effect on household`s choice of savings options in Kenya. The international journal of business &management, vol 6(4), 37-49.
- Onuonga, S.M. (2014). The Analysis of profitability of Kenya`s top six commercial banks: Internal factor analysis. American International Journal of social science,vol 3, No. 5, pp 94-103.
- Onuonga, S.M. (2014). Gender Inequality, Financial development and Economic Growth in Kenya.African Journal of Education, Science and Technology (AJEST), vol 1 No. 4 pp 213-221
- Onuonga, S.M. (2014).Financial Development and Economic growth in Kenya: An empirical Analysis 1980-2011. International Journal of Economics and Finance, vol 6 no 7, 226-241.
- Stephen GitahiNjuru, Charles Ombuki, Nelson Wawire and Susan Okeri (2014). Impact of Government Expenditure on Private Investment In Kenya. Researchjournal’s Journal of Economics Vol. 2 | No. 8 August | 2014 ISSN 2347-8233 1
- Stephen GitahiNjuru, Charles Ombuki, Nelson Wawire and Susan Okeri (2013). Taxation and private investment: evidence for Kenya. International Journal of Economics And Management Sciences Vol. 2, No. 11, 2013, pp. 78-93
- Onuonga, S.M.O (2012).The Relationship between Commercial Energy Consumption and Gross Domestic Income in Kenya. Journal of Development Areas, Vol 46 No. 1 Spring 2012, pp.305-414
- Onuonga, S.M, Etyang, M., Mwabu, G (2011).Demand for Energy in the Kenya manufacturing sector. Journal of energy and Development, vol 34, no2, pp 265-274, available also in this web site: http://www.scribd.com/doc/54298613
- Mwathia, P., Wawire, H.N., and Onounga, S.M.(2008). “Determinants of Adoption of Organic Farming by Maize Farmers in Meru South District”.International Journal of Afro- Asian Studies. Vol1, No.1 108-118.
- Onuonga, S.M (2016) assessing the stability of money multipliers: evidence from Kenya A paper presented at the 2016 global development finance conference, 23-24 November 2016 at Durban South Africa
- Onuonga, S.M.(2014).The Analysis of profitability of Kenya`s top six commercial banks: Internal factor analysis, a paper presented at 2014 global development finance conference 2-3 November 2014, Dubai Crowne Plaza Dubai hotel.
- Onuonga, S.M (2013).Gender Inequality, Financial development and Economic Growth in Kenya: Application of the ARDL Model. Paper presented at 1st International Interdisciplinary conference, organized by University of Eldoret, Kenya in Collaboration with Anambra State University, Nigeria.
- Onuonga, S.M (2013).Financial development and economic growth in Kenya: An empirical analysis 1980-2011. Paper presented at 10th African Finance Journal Conference, Durban South Africa.
- Department of Econometrics and Statistics, Kenyatta University. Workshop on Application of Macro and Micro-econometrics to Research 10th to 11th September 2013
- Onuonga, S.M (2007).The SME and Kenya’s Economic growth. A paper presented at CEED Kenyatta University conference.
- Onuonga, S.M (2005).The Role and Challenges of the Informal Sector in Economic Development: Kenyan Case. A paper presented at Moi University-Eldoret 1st Annual conference.
- Onuonga, S.M (2004).Energy, Poverty and Gender. A paper presented at the ATWS conference, At the University of Eastern Africa –Baraton
- Onuonga, S.M (2004).The Impact of HIV/AIDS and its Relation to Poverty in Sub-Saharan Africa. A paper presented at the ATWS conference, At the University of Eastern Africa –Baraton.