Mdoe Idi Jackson, is a lecturer of Economics and Finance, a Germany Academic Exchange (DAAD) Scholar, a member of the Next Generation of Researchers (NGR) at Kenyatta university and a holder of a Doctor of philosophy degree of Kenyatta University, Kenya. His fields of interest are bank competition, industrial organization and regulation and the economics of information.
PhD (Economics), Specialization (Financial Economics), Kenyatta University, 2017
M. Economics, Specialiazation(Finance), Kenyatta University, 2012
B. ED (Arts) (Hons), Specialization (Mathematics and Business Studies), Kenyatta University, 2010
Articles under review in refereed journals
- Mdoe J. I., Omolo, J., and Nelson, H. W. (Forthcoming) Bank competition in Kenya Journal of Industry Competition and Trade
- Mdoe J. I., Omolo, J., and Nelson, H. W. (Forthcoming) The Competitive Landscape and Bank competition in Kenya African Review of Economics and Finance
- Mdoe J. I. and Kinyajui, G. K. (2018) Mobile Telephony, Social Networks and Credit Access: Evidence from MSMEs in Kenya Cogent Economics and Finance https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/23322039.2018.1459339
- Mdoe J. I. and Kinyajui, G. K. (2017) Family networks and microcredit Access in Kenya. Journal of African Political Economy and Development https://journals.co.za/content/journal/10520/EJC-c3d1ef3e9
- Mdoe J. I., Gachanja, P. M., and Muchai, D. N. (2013) Total Factor Productivity Change in the non-life insurance sector, Kenya 2005-2009 International Journal of Science Commerce and Humanities 1(2) 68-84.
- “The Dynamics of Bank competition in Kenya” Centre for the Study of African Economies Oxford University, Oxford, UK, 18th to 20th March, 2018. https://editorialexpress.com/cgi-bin/conference/download.cgi?db_name=CSAE2018&paper_id=590
“Social Networks, Mobile Telephony and Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Access to Credit” African Review of economics and Finance conference, GIMPA Business School, Greenhill, Accra, Ghana, 30th to 31st August, 2017.
“Competition and Profitability of commercial Banks in Kenya” Kenyatta University Postgraduate Seminar, Kenyatta University Graduate School, Nairobi, Kenya, 21st July, 2017.