Area of Specialization: - Agricultural Economics
Research Interests: -Production Theory
Prof. Etyang is a professor of economics at Kenyatta University with lecturing experience spanning over 30 years. He is a holder of a PhD in Economics from Pardue University (USA). Prior to this qualification, he obtained a B. Ed (Mathematics and Economics) and MA (Economics) from the University of Nairobi.
Prof. Etyang is known for his prowess in various areas of economics. He has attended several international conferences and workshops both locally and overseas (U.S.A, U.K, Israel, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Malawi and South Africa). He has successfully authored three text books in economics and a number of articles in various referred journals. He has also successfully supervised 5 PhD and 7 Masters Candidates respectfully. He is currently supervising 2 PhD and 2 Masters Candidates.
- Ateka J.M, P.Onono, M. Etyang. “Productivity and its Determinants in smallholder Tea Production in Kenya: Evidence from Bomet and Nyamira Counties of Kenya.” Journal of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development. Vol 4(2) 2018.
- Ateka J.M, P. Onono, M. Etyang. “Technical Efficiency in smallholder Tea Production: Evidence from Nyamira and Bomet Counties in Kenya.”Global Journal of Science Frontier Research: D Agricultural and Veterinary Vol 18 2018.
- Kinuthia I.K and M.N Etyang, “Stock Market Liberalisation, Stock Market Performance and Economic Growth in Kenya.” International Journal of Economics and Finance, Vol 6 No.4. 2014.
- Manyasa E.O,M.N Etyang and H.W Wawire. Social Capital and Rural Economic Development in Western Kenya. Scholars Press, Saarbrucken, 2014.
- Gachanja P, Wawire N, and M.N Etyang. Total Factor Productivity Change in the Kenyan Manufacturing Sector. Scholars Press, Saarbrucken, 2013.
- Onuonga, S.M, M.N Etyang and G.Mwabu. “The Demand for Energy in the Kenyan Manufacturing Sector.” The Journal of Energy and Development, Vol XXXIV, NO.2. 2009.
- Bosire, J and M.N Etyang. “The Effect of Experiential Factors on Business Skills Cognition. The Case of Microscale Entrepreneurs in Kenya.” Egerton Journal Vol. V No. 2. July 2004.
- Bosire, J and M.N Etyang. “The Effect of Education on Business Skills Cognition. The Case of Indigenous Microscale Enterprise Owners in Kenya.” Journal of Vocational Education and Training. Vol 55, No. 1, 2003.
- Etyang, M.N, P.V. Preckel, J.K Binkley and D.H. Doster. “Field Time Constraints for Farm Planning Models.” Agricultural Systems. Vol. 58. No.1, 1998.
- Etyang, M.N. Improving Machinery Investment Decisions. PHD Dissertation. Purdue University (U.S.A) Dec 1993.
- Etyang, M.N. Economic Statistics, University of Nairobi Press, 1989.
- Etyang, M.N, J. Okello and H.Kerre. Elements of Economics II. University of Nairobi Press, 1988.
- Etyang, M.N. Introduction to Economic Statistics. University of Nairobi Press. 1987
Books and Books Chapters
- Manyasa E.O, Etyang, M.N and Wawire N.H.W: Social Capital and Rural Economic Development in Western Kenya. Scholar’s Press Saarbrucken 2014.
- Gachanja p, Wawire and Etyang M. Total Factor Productivity Change in the Kenyan Manufacturing Sector Scholar’s Press 2013.