Our department has linkage with Kutztown University in USA, and the Niilo Maki Institute in Finland. The department is in the process of developing a link with Gertrude Hospital Child Development Centre
Our department has participated in the School Wastage Research in Baringo District and the Kenya, Danish Health Research in Bondo.
The Kenyatta University Neuropsychological Assessment and Research Centre is part of the Department. It is concerned with assessing children between 3 and 12 years of age who may be experiencing learning difficulties in schools. Remediation of the learning difficulties is offered where possible or referral is made where remediation is not possible.
The department of Educational Psychology offers four units to all undergraduate students taking education.
The Units include:
- Introduction to Psychology
- Human Growth and Development
- Educational Psychology
- Educational Statistics and Evaluation
These courses equip the students with skills and knowledge that are a prerequisite for advanced degrees in Psychology. In addition, they prepare students to become effective teachers.
The Master of Education in Educational Psychology.
This is a two-year full-time residential programme. .
Master of Education Guidance and Counseling.
It was recently introduced as part of the curriculum in the Educational Psychology department.
Applicants should have obtained a minimum of second class honours degree from Kenyatta University or any other recognized university.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D)
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph. D) programme is offered through research only. Applicants must possess a Masters degree or equivalent qualification from Kenyatta University or any other recognized university. We are currently reviewing courses in our programmes to make them more relevant to the students' needs and that of our economy. Ph. D programme will be offered through course work and thesis in future.
- Bachelor of Education students benefit from the programme in that the courses help them to understand the students they teach. Consequently, they become more effective teachers.
- Guidance and Counselling students will be prepared to be effective counselors in schools and institutions.
- Teaching in secondary schools, teachers training colleges, and universities.
- Working with Non-Governmental Organizations as human resource managers.
- Researchers with Research Organizations.
- Self-employment offering psychological and educational services such as counseling, data processing, education advising etc.
- Further studies for masters or doctoral studies.
- Dr. Edward Muyengwo Kigen
- Dr. Mrs.Theresia K.Kinai
- Dr. Philomena Wavinya Ndambuki
- Dr Waime Tabitha Wang’eri
- Dr. Chrispus Koinange Wawire
- Dr Doyne Kageni Mugambi
- Dr Peter A. M. Mwaura
- Dr. Cecilia Nyambura Mwangi
- Dr. Elizabeth Wanjiku Mwaniki
- Dr. Anthony Ireri
- Dr. Samuel Mutua Mutweleli
- Dr. Jotham Ndolo Dinga
- Dr. Josephine Ngina Mutua
- Dr. James Ndege Oluoch
- Dr. Syprine Aoko Oyoo
- Mr. David Gichovi Kariuki
- Mr. Joseph Lunalo
- Mrs. Mary M. Mungala
- Mr Richard Wambua
- Ms. Lucy Lugo Mawang
- Ms. Rosemary Akinyi Olendo
- Ms. Elizabeth Nduku Mutisya
Last Updated on Thursday, 02 April 2015 09:14