Renewable energy systems, Energy planning and Policy, Energy conservation. Adsorption refrigeration and air conditioning, Global environmental change and greenhouse gas emission reduction. Role of science parks in development.
Refereed Scientific Journal papers
- T. F. Ishugah, Y. Li, R.Z Wang, J.K. Kiplagat. Advances in wind energy resource exploitation in urban environment: A review. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 27 (2014) 613–626.
- G. K. Ngasule, Y.H. Luo, J.K. Kiplagat. Briquette making in Kenya: Nairobi and peri – urban areas. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews (accepted 30th July 2014).
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang, R.G. Oliveira, T.X. Li. Lithium chloride – Expanded graphite composite sorbent for solar powered ice maker, Solar Energy 84 (2010) 1587–1594
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang, T.X. Li. Renewable energy in Kenya: resource potential and status of exploitation. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 15 (2011) 2960–2973.
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang, T.X. Li, R.G. Oliveira. Enhancement of heat and mass transfer in solid-gas sorption systems. International Journal of Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Vol. 20 No. 1 (2012) 1130001.
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang, R.G. Oliveira, T.X. Li, M. Liang. Experimental study on the effect of operation conditions on the performance of a chemisorption air conditioner powered by low grade heat (Under Review).
- T.X. Li, R.Z. Wang, J.K. Kiplagat, L. Ma. Performance analysis of a multimode thermochemical sorption refrigeration system for solar-powered cooling. International Journal of Refrigeration 35 (2012) 532-542.
- T.X. Li, R.Z. Wang, J.K. Kiplagat, L.W. Wang. Performance study of a consolidated manganese chloride-expanded graphite compound for sorption deep-freezing processes. Applied Energy 86 (2009) 1201–1209.
- R.G. Oliveira, R.Z. Wang, J.K. Kiplagat, C.Y. Wang. Novel composite sorbent for resorption systems and for chemisorption air conditioners driven by low generation temperature, Renewable Energy 34 (2009) 2757–2764
- T.X. Li, R.Z. Wang, J.K. Kiplagat, L.W. Wang, R.G. Oliveira. Thermodynamic study of a combined double-way solid–gas thermochemical sorption refrigeration cycle, International Journal of Refrigeration 32 (2009) 1570- 1578.
- T.X. Li, R.Z. Wang, J.K. Kiplagat, L.W. Wang, R.G. Oliveira. A conceptual design and performance analysis of a triple-effect solid–gas thermochemical sorption refrigeration system with internal heat recovery, Chemical Engineering Science 64 (2009) 3376 – 3384
Refereed Conference Proceeedings
- D. M. Dzombo, R. Kiplimo and J.K. Kiplagat. Use of Biomass Gas in Running Internal Combustion Engine to Generate Electricity-A Review. Sustainable Research and Innovation Conference, 24th – 26th April 2014, JKUAT, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Rogerio Gomes de Oliveira, Ru Zhu Wang, Jeremiah K. Kiplagat, Juan Chuan Chen. NaBr–Expanded Graphite consolidated sorbent for low temperature driven chemisorptions air conditioner. International Sorption Heat Pump Conference 2008, 23-26 September, 2008, Seoul, KOREA
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang and T.X Li. Energy consumption and CO2 Emission forecast for Kenya using Grey System Theory. SET2010 - 9th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies; Shanghai, China. 24-27 August, 2010
- J.K. Kiplagat, R.Z Wang, R.G. Oliveira, T.X. Li, C. J. Chen. Consolidated Lithium Chloride – Expanded Graphite Composite Adsorbent for Sorption Ice Making. International Conference on Cryogenics and Refrigeration (ICCR2008), Shanghai, China, 2008. ISTP
- T.X. Li, R.Z. Wang, J. K. Kiplagat, L. Ma. Performance analysis of a multimode thermochemical sorption refrigeration cycle for solar-powered cooling systems, SET2010 - 9th International Conference on Sustainable Energy Technologies; Shanghai, China. 24-27 August, 2010
- J.I. Mwasiagi, J.K. Kiplagat, Prediction of solar radiation in Kenya, 5th Annual International Conference, Moi University, Eldoret, 4th -8th August, 2009.
- Kiplagat J.K, Thoruwa T.N, and Laichena J.K, (2003). Economics of a PV/T system with a Compound Parabolic Concentrator for domestic power generation and water heating in Kenya. A paper presented at PPRE- Renewable Energy Conference, Kenyatta University. 4th – 8th August 2003.
Membership of Professional Associations
• Association of Energy Engineers (AEE)
• World Society for Sustainable Energy Technologies (WSSET)
• Kenya Renewable Energy Association (KEREA)
• Institution of Engineering Technologists and Technicians (IET)
• Energy Institute (EI)
• African Network for Solar Energy(ANSOLE)