Department: Environmental Sciences
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844 - 00100 Nairobi.
Tel.: 254-20-8710901/9 Ext 57223, 0722610809
Position:Lecturer, Env Sciences and Programme Coordinator, Institute of Peace and Security Studies
Download Full CV
- Land use and its effect on biodiversity : assessment of ecosystem health
- Environmental Impact assessment of various enterprises in the built environment and development projects.
- Land degradation and desertification and livelihood adaptations in arid and semi arid areas
- Environmental monitoring as a tool to maintain human health and the quality of life.
- Design of rehabilitative innovations to reduce negative effects of development process (industry, construction, agriculture etc.) on the environment.
- Resource use conflicts and conflict resolution
- The role of resource use in Ecosystem dynamics and equilibrium
- Action research on Ecosystem modification and effects on livelihoods
- Effects of Land Degradation/Climate change and Community livelihoods
- Environmental Education and Education of Sustainable Development
- 2012: BSc. (Military Studies) Programme Implementation Mid Term Review Workshop at Morendat Training and Conference Centre, Naivasha, Kenya.
- 2011: Curriculum development on Workshop for Masters and Diploma programmes in Security Management and Police studies at Morendat, Naivasha.Institute of Peace and Security Studies, Kenyatta University.
- 2010: Inception Workshop on Wetland Mapping in Kenya
- 2010: Training Workshop on Environmental Impact Assessment, Meridian Court Hotel, Nairobi Kenya.
- 2010: Curriculum Development workshop for BSc in Military Studies .Programme at North Coast beach Hotel, Mombasa.
- 2009: World Environmental Education Congress, Montreal, Canada.
- 2006: Mainstreaming Education for Sustainable Development in Universities in Africa, Kenya Monitary Studies, Nairobi.
- 2009 Land Use and its Effect on Biodiversity in Lake Ol’Bolossat, Nyandarua, Kenya. Phd Thesis, Kenyatta University, Nairobi.
- 1996: Architectural Design and Environmental Conservation and Rehabilitation. Paper presented at the 2nd All-Africa Conference on Green Architecture and Environmentally sensitive sustainable Development, 25–26 July, 1996, Organized by JKUAT at Pan Africa Hotel.