Dr. Jane Wanza Mutinda
Research / Publications
- The Use of Mobile Money Services and Platforms among the Visually Impaired in Kenya: An Impact on Poverty Reduction. 2012. (Ongoing)
- Mobile Money Services and Poverty Reduction: A study of Women’s Groups in Rural Eastern Kenya. 2011-ongoing.
- Website: http://www.imtfi.uci.edu/
- The Kenyan Handicraft Industry and Environmental Sustainability: The Case of Mwala District, Kenya
- Website: http://isdrc17.ei.columbia.edu/
- A study of attitudes of primary school pupils from the slums of Nairobi towards environmental problems.
- The impact of HIV and AIDS on the family and environmental management efforts in Kenya: Regional Conference on HIV/AIDS and the Family, AAWORD-K, Nairobi, Kenya.
- International Conference on Mobile Money at the Institute of Money,Technology and Financial Inclusion, 4th -6th Dec 2011, University of California, Irvine, USA.
- Mobile Money Services and Poverty Reduction: A study of 21 Women Groups in Rural Eastern Kenya
1st Africa Mobile Money Research International Conference (AMMREC 2012), 2nd and 3rd April, Nairobi Kenya.
Projects and consultancies
- NEPAD: training of women in Eastern Province on resource mobilization and investment 2007-2010. Project: Enhancing Women’s Capacity to Participate In Resource Mobilization and Investment Programmes In Kenya: Investing in Women for Lasting Change
- AWDF: Training women on human rights in marginalized communities in Nairobi (2008).
- Global fund for women: Training on economic empowerment, violence against women and human rights Nairobi 2006-2008.
- UNICEF (Addis Ababa): Training on Sexual Exploitation in Humanitarian conditions for UN Staff – March 2003
- UNICEF (Addis Ababa): Training of Trainers for Humanitarian Workers on sexual Exploitation in Humanitarian conditions – May 2003
- UNICEF (Addis Ababa): Evaluation on Training Progress for TOTs – March 2004.
Membership in Professional Organizations
- Treasurer, Association of African Women for Research and Development (AAWORD)
- Member Center for Research and Information of Low-External input and sustainable Agriculture (ILEIA)
- Member, East African Environment Network (EAEN)
- Member, Women in Development and Environment group. (WIDEN)