Dr. Felix Lamech Mogambi Ming’ate
Refereed Journal Papers
- Ming’ate, F. L. M., Letema, S., & Obiero, K. (2019). Designing Institutional Arrangements for Collaborative Governance of Forests in Kenya Using a Delphi Process. Journal of Scientific Research and Reports, 25(4), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.9734/jsrr/2019/v25i430191
- Omar, S. A. Ming’ate, M.l.F and Okeyo B. (2018). Drivers, Institutional Arrangements and the Impact of Resource-based Conflicts on Communities’ Livelihood in the Tana Delta, Kenya. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)- Volume 7 Issue 10, pp 1610-1619
- Ming’ate M. L. F and Karigu M., (2018). Use of community cultural practices and beliefs in the conservation of Lake Baringo ecosystem in Kenya. International Journal of Natural Resource Ecology and Management. Vol. 3, No. 3, 2018, pp. 32-38. doi: 10.11648/j.ijnrem.20180303.11
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., (2018). An evaluation of the Implementation of the Arabuko-Sokoke Forest Reserve Co-management Approach in Kenya. East African Agricultural and forestry Journal, online DOI: 10.1080/00128325.2018.1436842
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., (2016). A framework for linking forestry co-management institutional arrangements with their associated livelihood outcomes. Progress in Development Studies, 16, (4) pp. 1–19
- Ming’ate, M.L.F, Letema, S. and Obiero, K. (2016). Designing a functioning community forest association: a case of Muileshi, Kakamega County, Kenya. Asian Journal of Applied Sciences (04)05, 1209-1215.
- Ming’ate, M.L.F. and Bollig, M., (2016). Local rules and their enforcement in the Arabuko-Sokoke forest reserve co-management arrangement in Kenya. Journal of East African Natural History 105(1):1-19. 2016 doi: 10.2982/028.105.0102
- Mwangangi M. S., Ming’ate M. L. F. and Osuga M. I. (2016). An examination of various wastes emanating from poultry rearing in Kibera informal settlement, Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Biological Sciences and Applications. Vol. 3, No. 1, Page: 7-10
- Ming’ate, M. L. F, and Mohamed, Y.M. (2016). Impact of Stone Quarrying on the Environment and the Livelihood of Communities in Mandera County, Kenya. Journal of Scientific Research & Reports 10(5): 1-9
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., Rennie, H. G., and Memon, A., (2014). Potential for Co-management Approaches to Strengthen Livelihoods of Forest Dependent Communities: A Kenyan Case. Land Use Policy (41), 304–312.
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., Rennie, H, G., and Memon, A. (2014). NGOs come and go but business continues: Lessons from co-management institutional arrangements for governance of the Arabuko-Sokoke forest in Kenya. International Journal of Sustainable Development & World Ecology (21)6,526-531 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13504509.2014.968237
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., (2014). Combining ethnography and case study research designs in studying forestry co-management approaches. Journal of Human and Social Science Research. Vol. 3, No. 2, 67-79.
Chapter in Book(s)
- Ming’ate, M.L.F., (2015). The Global South: What does it mean to Kenya? In Andrea Hollington, Oliver Tappe, Tijo Salverda and Tobias Schwarz : Voices from around the world: Concepts of the Global South. The Global South, Study Centre, Cologne, Germany. http://gssc.uni-koeln.de/node/460.
- Attended Biennial Research and innovation conference held at Kenyatta University,22nd-25th,December 2019
- Attended Water Security and Climate Change Conference held at Nairobi, 3rd-5th December 2018
- Attended a workshop on transition towards a sustainable sanitation sector and the prospects of innovation in Nairobi 6th July 2018
- Attended a workshop on systems Theory and higher Education Didactics 24th-28th April 2017, held at Kenyatta University Conference centre.
- Attended the 1st Kenya Coast Development Project Conference on March 21st-23rd 2016. Voi Wildlife lodge
- Attended a seminar on Baohan Street: An African Community in Guangzhou, Photo exhibitions by Li Dong (artist) and Michaela Pelican (curator) at the Global South Centre, University of Cologne Institut für Ethnologie, Universität Köln, Germany, on 16th October 2014.
- Attended a seminar on setting ethnic boundaries: Cultures and Societies in Transition, from Durham University by Thomas Wildlok, at Global South Centre Institut für Ethnologie, Universität Köln, Germany, on 23 October 2014.
- Attended a seminar on Fragmentation Urbanism: Abstraction Everyday life and informality, by Colin Mcfarlane, Durham University at Global South Centre, Institut für Ethnologie, Universität Köln, Germany, on 29 October 2014.
- Attended a seminar on Conserving greens in Indian cities: Opportunities and challenges by Shamita Kumar, Bvieer, from Pune university at Global South Centre Institut für Ethnologie, Universität Köln, Germany, 19 November 2014.
- Attended an international conference on Australian and New Zealand Association of Planning Schools Conference, YMCA Conference Centre, Christchurch, New Zealand at YMCA, Christ church, New Zealand on 17th -19th April 2010.
- Attended a National Conference on the Environment on Conserving and Managing the Environment for Sustainable Livelihoods Organized by Kenyatta University and National Environmental Management Authority held at AVU on 19th-21st may 2008.
- Attended a World Bank Workshop on Strengthening World Bank Group Engagement And Partnerships on Governance and Anticorruption for Accelerated Development and Poverty Reduction Held at Nairobi Safari Club Hotel By World Bank on 7th January 2007.
- Attended a workshop on Bus Rapid Transport System for Nairobi City At Kenya Utalii Hotel by The Ministry of Roads and Public Works, 28th March 2007.
- Participated and Trained in a Workshop on Participatory Planning Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning by Lutheran World Relief, September 15th –19th 2003 held at Lenana Mount hotel Nairobi, Kenya.
Presentation of papers at Academic and Professional conferences
- Presented a paper at the Biennial Research and innovation conference held at Kenyatta University, 22nd-25th December 2109, Titled: Preparation for Partnerships in the Establishment of Forest Resources and Resource user’s Boundaries in Kenya
Initiating/Leading research project
- January 2018: Principal investigator for National Research Fund (NRF) project, Establishing Optimal Community Forest Access and Management Units for Enhanced Community Livelihoods and Better Forest Management. This project is now funding 2 PhD students and 4 masters students
- January 2016: Principal investigator for a research project funded by Vice-Chancellor, Kenyatta University, Designing a New Territory for Institutional Arrangements for Collaborative Governance of forests in Kenya Using a Delphi process.
Attracting research and development fund
- 2017: Kenya National Research Fund Kshs. 2, 498, 972 http://www.researchfund.go.ke/
- 2015: Kenyatta University Vice Chancellor Grants Kshs. 1, 500,000
- 2015:TWAS-DFG Research grants 7,050 Eur for post-doctoral research at the University of Cologne
- 2011: Lincoln University Research grants Dollars 7,500
- 2010: Lincoln University International Accommodation Scholarship Dollars 2000
- Vice-Secretary Minto Welfare group
- 2017: Member Environmental Institute of Kenya
- 25th May 2009-Present: Registered Environmental Impact Assessment and Audit Expert; by National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) NO.1910