Dr. Daniel Gathuru Manguriu
Name: Dr. Daniel Gathuru Manguriu
Education for Sustainable education, Biodiversity management
Agricultural Information Extension, Community Participation in Environmental Management
1. 10th – 12th June, 2014: Animal Welfare Education, Organized by Kenyatta University and World Society for the Protection of Animals (WSPA) at, Kenyatta University.
2. 11th -13th February, 2014: Electronic Blackboard Training, Organized by Kenyatta University, at BSCC Room 012, Kenyatta University
3. May 2013: Teaching methodology course organized by the Centre for Teaching Excellence and Evaluation of Kenyatta University.
4. 27th to 2nd Oct. 2010. Training on Master Trainer Workshop on Financial Education Programme for Youth and Women, Organized by Microfinance Opportunities , Equity Group Foundation and Kenyatta University
5. 23rd February-7th March, 2009: Workshop on Education for Sustainable Development in a River Basin-Africa, 2009 organized by SIDA& Kenyatta University, at KUCC, Kenyatta University
6. May, 2005: Workshop on e-Learning Training on Use of “the Blackboard” , Organised by Kenyatta University & Edu-Tech Middle East, Kenyatta University Institute of Open Learning.
7. May, 2005: Workshop on e-Learning Training on Use of “the Blackboard”. Organised by Kenyatta University & Edu-Tech Middle East, Kenyatta University Institute of Open Learning.
8.6th to 19th September 2003. SIDA-Makerere University Regional Training Programme in Environmental Journalism and Communication for Eastern Africa Training of Trainers, Organised by Daystar University , Nairobi Kenya
9. 6th -17th Oct. 2003. Role of Journalism in Environmental Education for Sustainable Development Nairobi Organisers; Daystar University Makerere University and SIDA.
10. 6th -17th Oct. 2003. Role of Journalism in Environmental Education for Sustainable Development Nairobi Organisers; Daystar University Makerere University and SIDA.
Supervision of Postgraduate Students:
1. MSc Kiprotich V. Boiyo 2014 Title : Environmental Awareness, Attitude and Participation Among Secondary School Students: A Comparative Study of Kasarani and Kibera Divisions, Nairobi County Kenya, Kenyatta University
2. Msc. Daniel J. N. Ngeranwa :Title of Thesis: Influences of Khat Consumption On Educational Success Among Upper Primary Schools Pupils in Gachoka Division, Embu County, Kenya, Kenyatta University
3. Msc, Ndunda K.L 2012 Title: Challenges and opportunities of incorporating and teaching Environmental education in Adult Literacy Curriculum in Kisau Division , Makueni County Kenya; Status Defended-to graduate in Dec 2012, Kenyatta University
4. Msc. Macharia J. Maina 2012. Title: Stakeholders’ Knowledge Levels and Training needs in Soil Fertility Management Technologies on Central Highlands of Kenya. Status: to graduate in Dec 2012, Kenyatta University
5. Kanyiri L. Njuguna 2014 Institutional Synergies Towards Mitigating Climate Change through Decentralization of Forest Resources: A Case Study of Kakamega Forest in Kenya, Kenyatta University
2. Halkano J. Boru 2013. Climate Variability and Response Strategies among the Gadamoji Agro-pastrolists of Marsabit County, Kenya, Kenyatta University
On-going Ph. D.
2. Ngugi, M. Wanjiku, N50/CE/ 14617/2009 Title: Mechanisms of Coping with Recurrent Droughts: A Case of Farmers in Murang’a South District, Murang’a County, Kenya
3. Ongaki, N. Moraa N50/21535/2010 Title: Rural Wemen’s Coping Strategies with Water Scarcity in Yatta Division of Machakos County, Kenya
4. Njiru, P. Kiringa N50/CE/ 230867/2010 Title: Socio-Economic and Environmental Impacts of Converting Wetlands into Rice Fields in Mwea East District in Kirinyaga County, Kenya
5. Kariuki,C. N50/CTY/22823/2012 Title: A comparative Analysis of Kenyan Secondary School Taught Curriculum and Climate Change Content, Nairobi County, Kenya
Administration Responsibilities1. 2012 Oct to Date : Chairman, Department of Environmental Education.
2. Dec ember 2011: Examination Coordinator, School of Environmental Studies
3. 2008-Dec. 2011: Examination Coordinator Department of Environmental Education