Qualification :PhD(Community Resource Management)
A proactive, enthusiastic and focused individual with the ability to work well both independently and in a team. I have expertise in university teaching, research and community service, networking and collaboration with international agencies such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID and DAAD. This is in addition to expertise in environmental impact assessment and audit, community engagement working with Tea Farmers in good governance and conflict management and as a program manager working with youth entrepreneurship initiatives, budget monitoring and office administration.
Area of Specialization: Community Resource Management
Research Interests: Youth and Development, Sustainable Livelihoods.
Doctor of Philosophy (Community Resource Management), Kenyatta University, (2013-2016)
Master of Science (Community Resource Management), Kenyatta University, (2008-2011)
Environmental Impact Assessment and Audit, Nazarene University, (2012)
Bachelor of Science (Family and Consumer Science) Kenyatta University, (2004-2008)
- Njuguna, C., Kigaru, D., & Kamande, P. (2020). Food Safety, From Farm to Fork: Emerging and Re-emerging Issues. In Kiio, J. & Njuguna, C. (Eds.). Understanding the Livelihood Challenges of Food Vendors in Three Markets in Selected Informal Settlements in Nairobi County. A Crisis or Opportunity? (pp 16-26). https://www.cambridgescholars.com/food-safety-from-farm-to-fork
- Kigaru, D., Njuguna, C., & Kamande, P. (2020). Food Safety, From Farm to Fork: Emerging and Re-emerging Issues. In Kiio, J. & Njuguna, C. (Eds.). Food Safety Related Knowledge, Attitudes and Practices Among Food Marketers and Traders in Nairobi City’s Informal Settlements Kenya (pp 27-40). https://www.cambridgescholars.com/food-safety-from-farm-to-fork
- Njuguna, C., Gikandi, J., Ogola, L., & Muriithi, J. (2020). Social Media as a Battleground for Electoral Violence among Netizens in Africa: The Case of Kenyan Youth. East African Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 2(1), 104-115. https://doi.org/10.37284/eajass.2.1.209
- Ngige, L., & Njuguna, C. (2020). Impact of Public, Private and Non-Governmental Organisations’ Financial Interventions on Youth Livelihood Outcomes in Kenya. East African Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 2(1), 73-86. https://doi.org/10.37284/eajass.2.1.204
- Njuguna, C., & Ngige, L. (2020). Family Characteristics as Predictors of Youth Livelihood Outcomes in Kenya. East African Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 2(1), 48-59. https://doi.org/10.37284/eajass.2.1.191
Conference & Workshop Presentations
- International Food Safety Conference. “Food and Nutrition Safety from Farm to Fork: A Missing Link in Consumer Health and Food Security.” Kenyatta University on May 20th to 24th 2019.
- DAAD Young Scholars in Africa – Challenges and Opportunities Conference. March 1st -3rd, 2019, Nairobi, Kenya.
- One Health Alumni Workshop held at Pwani University, Kilifi Kenya on 17th -19th December 2018.
- 5th Humboldt Kolleg International Conference. “The Role of Alumni Networks in Mentorship and Collaboration in Multidisciplinary Research: Foundation for Kenyas’s Vision 2030.” 19th -21st June 2018, Nanyuki, Kenya.
- International DAAD Alumni Expert Seminar on Enhancing Water Security and Adaptive Capacities in Vulnerable Catchments in Mbale Uganda, 14th to 22nd August 2017.
- International Conference on Higher Education. “University Industry Linkages: Identifying and Synergizing Opportunities for Quality Higher Education.” Meru University of Science and Technology: Main Campus. 4th -6th October 2017.
- ISO 9001: 2015, Quality Management Systems (QMS) standard training by Kenyatta University on 14th September 2016
- Njuguna, C., and Njoroge, J. W. (2013). Impact of Devolved Funds on youth with disability in Kenya – Case study of Homabay, Kiambu and Mombasa counties. Nairobi: Action Network for the Disabled, Nairobi.
- Njuguna, C., and Njoroge, J. W. (2013). Framework for Cooperation between five youth resource centers, government youth office and Kamukunji Constituency Network. Nairobi: Kenya Transition Initiatives (USAID).