Title/Qualifications: PhD, M.A , B.A
Area of Specialization:
Project Planning and Management
Sustainability of Projects, Food Security, Project Financing, Monitoring and Evaluation; Community Empowerment; Youth Empowerment, Capital Structure, Human Rights.
Research and Publications
- Ndiritu, W. A., Mburung’a, S. & Ndiritu, C. N. (2018). Pay as you Drink for Sustainability of Community Water Projects. European Scientific Journal. URL:http://dx.doi.org/10.19044/esj.2018.v12n11p137
- May 2018 Reviewed Two Modules: Resource Management and Governance in Health System Strengthening, for Leadership and Management Course for Institute of Tropical and Infectious Diseases (UNITID), University of Nairobi.
- Mburunga, S. (2018). Capital Structure and Sustainability of Community Water Projects. International Conference of Sustainable Development: Rome Italy.
- Mburung’a,S. M, Kieru J,N & Ndiritu, A, W (2017). Influence of Grant Financing on Sustainability of Community Water Projects in Kieni Constituency, Nyeri County, Kenya.
Mburung’a, S. M., Kieru, J. & Nderitu, A, (2017). Influence of Water Tariffs on Sustainability of Community Water Projects in Nyeri County, Kenya. Global Scholastic Research Journal http://globalscholasticresearch.org/may2017.aspx
Mburung’a, S. M., Kieru, J. & Nderitu, A, (2017). Influence of donor funding on Sustainability of Community Water Projects in Nyeri County, Kenya. International Journal of Science and Technology International Journal of Innovative Research and Knowledge (IJIRK). (Volume 2 Issue 5, May-2017)
Mburung’a, S. M (2016). Project Design, Monitoring and Evaluation, Teaching Module. Nairobi: Kenyatta University Publishers
Mburung’a, S. M (2016). Poverty Eradication and Wealth Creation, Teaching Module. Nairobi: Kenyatta University Publishers.
Mburung’a, S. M. (2017) Influence of capital structure on sustainability of community water projects in Kieni Constituency, Nyeri County, Kenya. (PhD Thesis). University of Nairobi
Mburung’a, S. M. (2017). Effect of drought mitigation strategies on household food security in Nyeri County, Kenya.( PhD thesis on going from Kenyatta University- currently writing proposal)
Mburung’a, S. M, (2009). Factors influencing primary schools infrastructure development in Kieni East District, Central Province, Kenya, (MA Thesis, 2009). University of Nairobi
Mburung’a, S. M. (2014). Analysis of Youth Enterprise Development Fund loans repayment rates and difference between Nyanza and Central province repayment rates. International Journal of Arts and Commerce, ISSN 1929-7106 VOL.3 No.7 “ (www.ijac.org.uk 128).
Workshop and Conferences Attended
- ICSD Conference 2018, Rome Italy.
- Attended a week Training on Applied Entrepreneurship Academy Training, at Chandaria Business Innovation and Incubation Center, Kenyatta University, Sponsored Hochscule Neu-Ulm University, Germany in 2018.
- Participated in PhD Curriculum Development in Community Resource Management and Extension that took Place on 11th October, 2017 at CRM Resource Room, School of Hospitality Building, Kenyatta University.
- The Students Training for Entrepreneurial Promotion for Youth (Step-4y) Project in Machakos County on 3rd and 4th October, 2017 Sponsored by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Kenya, Machakos County Government and Kenyatta University (Directorate of Industry and Partnership. Topic handled-“ Planning and Implementing Plans”
- Trained Youths on Entrepreneurship (Step-4y) Project in Nakuru County in June, 2016,Sponsored by Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Kenya, Nakuru County Government and Kenyatta University (Directorate of Industry and Partnership. Topic handled-“ Planning and Implementing Plans”
- International conference of Science and Technology and Innovation for Enhanced Economic Growth, Dedan Kimathi University of Science and Technology, University Auditorium, 4th -7th Nov,2014. Presented paper on “Analysis of YEDF repayment rates and repayment disparity between Nyanza and Central Provinces, Kenya.”