Dr. Peter M. Chege
Name: Dr.Peter M. Chege (PhD)
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/peterchege
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5980-3375
Sarah Oteri, Judith Kimiywe, Peter Chege 2020 Complementary Feeding Practices of Children 6-23 Months of Mother-To-Mother Support Groups Participants and Non-Participants in Kakuma, Turkana County, Kenya: A Cross-Sectional Comparative Study Journal of Pediatric and Womens Healthcare ISSN: 2643-797
Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe, Peter Chege 2020 Longitudinal Changes of Human Milk Nutrient Content in the First 6 Months of Lactation World Journal of Nutrition and Health vol. 8, no. 1 (2020): 1-6. doi: 10.12691/jnh-8-1-1 ISSN:2379-7819
Phyllis Waruguru, Peter Chege Water Safety Practices and Occurrence of Diarrhea Among Children Under Five in Different Households of Njemp Community, Baringo County, Kenya
Jamleck Muthuuri, Eliab Some, Peter Chege 2019 Adult Characteristics of Survivors of Early Life Malnutrition in an Impoverished Population
Lennah Nyatichi, Peter Chege, Irene Ogada 2019 Maternal Socio-Economic Status, Complementary Feeding Practices and Nutrition Status of Children Ages 6-23 Months in Kuria West, Migori County, Kenya
Naureen Andare, Sophie Ochola and Peter Chege 2019 Determinants of infant feeding practices among mothers living with HIV attending prevention of mother to child transmission Clinic at Kiambu Level 4 hospital, Kenya: a cross-sectional study
Jacqueline Macharia, Dorcus Mbithe, Harun Kimani and Peter Chege 2019 Feeding Practices and Nutrition Status among Children Aged 6-23 Months after Discharge from Supplementary Feeding Program in Isiolo County, Kenya
Mercy Githinji, Doris Mbugua and Peter Chege 2017 Application of Marketing Mix Strategies and the Effect on Market Performance of Motor Vehicle Dealers in Kenya
Tabitha A. Yusuf, Peter Chege 2019 Awareness of Food Hygiene Practices and Practices among Street Food Vendors in Nasarawa State, Nigeria
Samuel Njagi, Peter Chege 2019 Is HIV a Contributing Factor to Occurrence of Hyperglycemia: A Case of People Living with HIV Attending Nyeri Referral Hospital, Kenya?
Silas Tumpeinea, Dorcus Mbithe, Peter Chege 2019 Dietary Practices Among Adults Living with HIV and AIDS Attending Clinics at Narok County Referral Hospital, Kenya
Rebecca Cherono, Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, and Irene Ogada 2019 Body Image at Postpartum: Being Overweight but Not Noticing!
Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe, Peter Chege Morbidity Profile of Pregnant Women Attending Antenatal Clinic in Nanyuki Teaching and Referral Hospital, Kenya - A Cross Sectional Study
Mohamed Abdirahman, Peter Chege and Joseph Kobia 2019 Nutrition Knowledge and Dietary Practices among Pregnant Adolescents in Mandera County, Kenya
Nicoleta Mwaniki, Peter Chege and Ann Munyaka 2019 Dietary Diversity, Iron Intake and Anemia among Pregnant Women in Embu County, Kenya
Peter Chege, Grace Gachuiri and Zipporah Ndungu 2019 Food Security and Nutrition among Adults Living with Disability in Nakuru County, Kenya
Grace Waweru, Peter Chege, Eunice Njogu 2019 Pre-Conception Nutrition Knowledge and Attitudes among Female Undergraduate Students at Kenyatta University, Kenya
Felix Ondiek, Peter Chege, and Ann Munyaka 2019 Nutritional Value of a Mushroom Fortified Maize Porridge for Complementary Feeding in Siaya County Kenya
Fridah Munene, Judith Kimiywe and Peter Chege 2019 Dietary Practices and Nutrition Status of Adolescents Attending Day Secondary Schools in Kenya
Zipporah Ndungu and Peter Chege 2019 Dietary Diversity and Micronutrients Adequacy of Diets Consumed by School Aged Children in Nairobi City County, Kenya
Terry Mwangi, Irene Ogada, Whadi-ah Parker, Peter Chege, Willy Kiboi 2018 Complementary Feeding Practices of Children 6-23 Months of Age Whose Fathers Consumed Illicit Alcohol in Kirinyaga County, Kenya
Jamleck Muthuuri, Eliab Some, Peter Chege 2018 Association between early life malnutrition and the size of Lumbar spinal canal among adults of coastal region, Kenya
Peter Chege and Naom Mokono 2018 Dietary Practices, Morbidity Status and Nutritional Status of People Living With HIV/AIDS in Homabay County, Kenya
Alice Odundo, Paul Okemo, Peter Chege 2018 An assessment of food safety practices among street vendors in Mombasa, Keny
Peter Chege and Grace Gitahi 2018 Influence of resource capabilities on performance of large dairy firms in Kenya
Moyo Burhaan Bakari, Ann Munyaka-Ng’ang’a, Peter Chege 2017 Childcare Practices, Morbidity Status and Nutrition Status of Preschool Children (24-59 Months) Living in Orphanages in Kwale County, Kenya
Agnes Mwendia, Peter Chege, Eunice Njogu 2017 Dietary Practices and Nutrition Status of Adult Pulmonary Tuberculosis Patients Attending Nyeri County Referral Hospital, Kenya
- Peter Chege and Margaret Oloko (2017). Influence of generic strategies on performance of large dairy firms in Kenya. European Journal of Business and Management www.iiste.org. ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper) ISSN 2222-2839.
- Jane Mbijiwe, Peter Chege & Ann Munyaka. (2017). Relationship between body mass index and blood pressure level in hypertensive patients attending Kiambu district hospital, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Peter Chege and Olive Muthamia, (2017). Level of micronutrient supplements uptake among people living with HIV/AIDS in Kayole, Nairobi County, Kenya. Journal of AIDS and HIV Research Vol. 9 (4), pp. 74-80, April 2017. DOI: 10.5897/JAHR2017.0414 ISSN: 2141-2359
- Peter Chege & Elizabeth Kuria (2017).Relationship between nutrition knowledge of caregivers and dietary practices of children under five in Kajiado County, Kenya. Women's Health Bulletin.e43820, DOI: 10.17795/whb-43820
- Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe & Peter Chege. (2017). Determinants of dietary diversity among pregnant women in Laikipia County, Kenya: A cross-sectional study. BMC Nutrition. 2017) 3:12. DOI 10.1186/s40795-017-0126-6
- Judith Kimiywe and Peter Chege. (2017). Determinants of Complementary Feeding and Nutrition Status of Children 6-23 Months in Vihiga County, Kenya. BAOJ Pediatrics. BAOJ Pediat 2017, 3: 13: 032
- Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, (2016): Micronutrient and Microbial Quality Assessment of Solar Dried Amaranth (Amaranthus Cruentus) Leaves Produced in Kajiado County Kenya. Nutrition and Food Technology journal. ISSN 2470-6086. Open Access 3(1): doi http://dx.doi. org/10.16966/2470-6086.135
- Samuel Msanzu, Peter Chege, Winfred Maoga (2016). Household Food Security, Dietary Practices and Nutritional Status of Preschool Children in Bahari Division, Kilifi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Phrashiah Githinji, Peter Chege, Scolastica Githinji (2016). Nutritional Status and School Performance among Upper Primary Children in Selected Public Schools in Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: ISSN: 2249-9571.
- Marieke Vossenaar, Frances A Knight, Alison Tumilowicz, Christine Hotz, Peter Chege and Elaine L Ferguson (2016). Context-specific complementary feeding recommendations developed using Optifood could improve the diets of breast-fed infants and young children from diverse livelihood groups in northern Kenya. Public Health Nutrition. doi:10.1017/S1368980016003116.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu. (2016). Opportunities and limitations of using food composition tables in clinical nutrition and dietetics in Kenya. EC Nutrition. EC Nutrition 5.6 (2016): 1266-1276.
- Peter Chege, Olive Muthamia, (2016). Effects of seasonality on household food security and food consumption patterns of pastoralist’s children in Kajiado County, Kenya. EC Nutrition. EC Nutrition 5.6 (2016): 1266-1276.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu. (2016). Expressing breast milk; constraints among working lactating mothers in Nairobi, Kenya. International Journal of Current Advanced Research. Vol 5, Issue 10, pp 1397-1399, October 2016 journalijcar.org. ISSN: 2319 – 6475
- Hellen Nyakundi, Beatrice Awori and Peter Chege (2016). Effectiveness of Placement Options for Learners with Hearing impairment in Kajiado North Sub-County, Kajiado County, Kenya. International Journal of Arts and Commerce. Vol. 5 No. 7. October 2016. ISSN: 1929-7106.
- Patrick Mucheru,Judith Waudo & Peter Chege (2016).Relationship between Maternal Knowledge on Exclusive Breastfeeding and Breastfeeding Practices Among Mothers with Infants (0-6 Months) in Kibera Slums,Nairobi County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN:2249-9571-09/09/2016.
- Peter Chege, Zipporah W. Ndungu, Betty Makena. (2016). Food security and nutritional status of children under-five in households affected by HIV and AIDS in Kiandutu informal settlement, Kiambu County, Kenya. Journal of Health, Population and Nutrition. ISSN 1606 0997.35:21. DOI: 10.1186/s41043-016-0058-9. Published: 22 July 2016
- Peter Chege, Zipporah Ndungu (2016). Analysis of Contamination Points of Milk through the Whole Value Chain Process and the Quality of Milk Products in the Dairy Industry. Chapter in the Book of Food Quality Control. http://www.avidscience.com/book/food-quality-control/ http://www.avidscience.com/
- Willy Kiboi, Judith Kimiywe & Peter Chege (2016). Dietary Diversity, Nutrient Intake and Nutritional Status among Pregnant Women in Laikipia County, Kenya. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR). www.ijhsr.org. ISSN: 2249-9571 - 31/03/2016.
- Elaine Ferguson, Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, Doris Wiesmann and Christine Hotz. (2016). Zinc, iron and calcium are major limiting nutrients in the complementary diets of rural Kenyan children maternal and child nutrition journal (pages 6–20). Article first published online: 17 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/mcn.12243. ISSN 1740-8709
- Christine Hotz, Gretel Pelto, Margaret Armar-Klemesu, Elaine F. Ferguson, Peter Chege and Enock Musinguzi. (2016). Constraints and opportunities for implementing nutrition-specific, agricultural and market-based approaches to improve nutrient intake adequacy among infants and young children in two regions of rural Kenya (pages 39–54). Article first published online: 17 JAN 2016 | DOI: 10.1111/mcn.12245. ISSN 1740-8709
- Peter Chege and Hannah Orwa Bula,2015:Effect of Generic Strategies on the Performance of Dairy Industries in Kenya. A Case of Kenya Cooperative Creameries. International Journal of Education and Research. www.ijern.com,ISSN 2411-5681 Vol. 3 No. 12
- Peter Chege and Hannah Orwa Bula,2015:The Effect of Market Forces on Performance of Dairy Industries in Kenya. A Case of Kenya Cooperative Creameries European Journal of Business and Management www.iiste.org,ISSN 2222-1905 (Paper),ISSN 2222-2839 (Online) Vol.7, No.35, 2015 196
- Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe,Zipporah W.Ndungu,2015:Influence of culture on dietary practices of children under five years among Maasai Pastoralists in Kajiado, Kenya . International Journal of Behavioral Nutrition and Physical Activity,ISSN NO 1479-5868-7-39 2015, 12:131 doi:10.1186/s12966-015-0284-3. http://www.ijbnpa.org/content/12/1/131
- Elaine Ferguson, Peter Chege, Judith Kimiywe, Doris Weismann , Christine Hotz and Enock Musinguzi,2015:Modification of Local Diets Could Fill Gaps in B-Vitamin Intakes but Calcium, Iron, and Zinc Intake Gaps Require External Solutions for Breastfed Children in Rural Kenya,European Journal of Nutrition & Food Safety ,473-474, 2015, Article no. EJNFS.2015.122 ISSN:2347-5641,www. sciencedomain.org
- Hellen Nyakundi, Beatrice Awori and Peter Chege,2015:Factors Influencing the Placement of Learners with Hearing Impairment in Learning Institutions in Kajiado North Sub-County, Kajiado County, Kenya International Journal of Education and Research,ISSN 2411-5681 Vol. 3 No. 4, April 2015. www.ijern.com/journal/2015/April-2015/18
- Judith Kimiywe and Peter Chege,2015:Complementary Feeding Practices and Nutritional Status of Children 6-23 Months In Kitui County, Kenya. Journal of Applied Biosciences 85:7881– 7890 (www.biosciences.elewa.org)ISSN 1997–5902.http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/jab.v85i1.10
- Olive Muthamia, Peter Chege,2015:Determinants of Adherence to Anti Retroviral Therapy among Adults Living With HIV in Urban Low Income Settings: A Case of Kayole Division in Nairobi County, Kenya .International Journal of Health Sciences and Research (IJHSR),ISSN 2249-9571 Vol. 5; Issue: 1 (January 2015). Pages: 230-239
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria, Judith Kimiywe, Hudson Nyambaka,2015:Changes in Nutrient Content for β-Carotene, Iron and Zinc in Solar Dried and Stored Amaranthus cruentus Vegetables, in Kenya. International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research Volume 3, Issue 3, ISSN (Online) 2319-1473
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria, Judith Kimiywe, Hudson Nyambaka,2014:Retention of Β- Carotene, Iron and Zinc in Solar Dried Amaranth Leaves in Kajiado County, Kenya .International Journal of Sciences: Basic and Applied Research (IJSBAR) ISSN 2307-4531
- Peter Chege, Elizabeth Kuria , Judith Kimiywe,2010:A comparative Study on Dietary Practices on Nutritional Status among Children living with HIV/AIDs in Kibera slum, Nairobi, Kenya.Journal of Applied Biosciences 32:2008-2014 (www.biosciences.elewa.org),ISSN `1997-5902