Dr. Sheila N. Mutuma
Name:Dr. Sheila N. Mutuma
- 15th August 2016 - Participated in a Symposium on Weaving Just peace: African Women’s Transformative Leadership in Context of Transition, Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- July 2013: Attended a public lecture on the topic: Men fighting Gender Based Violence-held at KU Business Center
- 1-3rd August 2012 - Attended an International Conference on Gender Based Violence (GBV). Theme: Creating Safe Spaces: A Multi- Disciplinary Approach to GBV. Kenyatta University Amphitheatre.
- January 2011 to date: Participated in various seminars and workshops at the Department of Gender and Development Studies and Kenyatta University.
- 2006-2007 - Participated in National AIDS Control Council (NACC) Gender and HIV/AIDS Sub-Committee, led to development of National action plan for Mainstreaming Gender in HIV/AIDS
Convening and Coordinating Workshops/Seminars
- 2005-2006: Advocacy and lobbying to change gender discriminatory practices in partner organizations.
- 2005-2006: Coordinated and implemented gender activities in Strengthening STD/HIV/ Control Project, including development of the project’s gender policy and mainstreaming strategy.
- 2005-2006: Collaborated with partners to assess capacity development needs and organizing capacity building and trainings for partner organizations.
Training & Consultancies
- 2006-2006: Coordinated Gender Training of the Projects Staff, Partners, Stakeholders and Target groups.
- April-May 2006: Impact Assessment on Gender, HIV/AIDS and Sex workers in Nakuru and Karatina (Nyeri) - Strengthening STD/HIV/ Control Project (University of Nairobi / University of Manitoba (Canada).
- February 2015 - Research Assistant “ Stopping Violence Against Child/ Young.Domestic Workers through Regulation and Education – Kenya”. For: IDAY – International - Kenya
Administrative Responsibilities(Kenyatta University)
- 2011-2013: Examinations Officer, Department of Gender and Development Studies
- 2017–To date: UCU 101-E learning Coordinator, Department of Gender and Development studies.
- 2015 – 2017: Departmental Timetabler - Department of Gender and Development Studies.