Page 2 of 4
In Workshop proceedings
- (2008) Poster presentation on Changing Roles of Grandparents in Kenya: The Burden of Nurturing Orphans. Presented at the 4th World Ageing and Generations Congress held in St. Gallen, Switzerland, 28th-30th August 2008.
- (2005) Evolving Pornography-Culture among University Students and Implications on the Spread of HIV/AIDS: The Case of Kenyatta University. In the proceedings “Re-invigorating the University Mandate in a Globalising Environment: Challenges, Obstacles and the Way Forward”. DAAD, 2005.
- (2004) “Ethical Issues in Conducting Research with Vulnerable Groups”. In Workshop Proceedings “Violations of Social and Scientific Research Ethics in Kenya and the Way Forward” DAAD, 2004.
- (2007) “The Effects of Different Intervention Approaches on the Growth and Performance of Small and Micro-Enterprises in Selected Areas of Kenya’ Ph.D thesis.
- (2005) Enhancing the Role of Micro-finance in employment creation within the Informal Sector. Working Paper co-authored with Dr. Utz Dornberger, University of Leipzig, for the SEPT Programme- 2005.
- (2005) Project Management for Emergencies. A Teaching Module for the Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University.
- (2005) An Introduction to Anthropology. A Teaching Module for the Institute of Open Learning, Kenyatta University.
- (2003), “Issues in the Analysis of Ethnic Conflicts In Africa” Unpublished paper. Presented in the Department of Sociology, Kenyatta University.
- (2000), Ethnicity in the Communities of Nakuru District. In Ethnicity, Community Relations and Civil Society in a Democratizing Kenya: Perspectives from a New Generation.
- (1997), Performance of Women in Informal enterprises: A Case of Enterprises Supported with Credit. Unpublished M.A thesis.
- (2015) Principal Investigator in a University project titled: Assessing impact of computer aided learning in selected primary schools in Kenya. A project funded by Intel Corporation.
- (2014) Principal Investigator in a University project titled: Entrepreneurial University in Kenya and Selected Countries: Growth and Implications for Innovation, Employability, Skills and Development. Funded through the Vice Chancellor Research grant.
- (2014) Research Coordinator for the study on Risks and opportunities associated with paying lumpsum pension benefits to retirees in Kenya: implications for income security funded by the Retirement Benefits Authority.
- (2013) Principal investigator for the Training Needs Assessment of the Kenya Police Service officers in Kenya conducted by the Institute of Peace and Security Studies.
- (2012) Research Coordinator for the study on Multi-dimensional impacts of a rural industrial park: The case of Magana Industrial park in Kiambu County.
- (2012) Co-Country Researcher in Evaluating the potential for improving child safety and security through housing and human settlements programming in Kenya. A project by Rooftops Canada Foundation – Fondation Abri International and NACHU-Kenya.
- (2012) Country Researcher for a research titled Explanatory Factors of Female Entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa: the case of Cameroon and Kenya. Collaborative research between University of Nairobi/Universite de Yaounde and Funded by Trust Africa.
- (2011) Research Coordinator for a Kenya Police Service Project titled “Factors Contributing to Suicide and Murder Cases among Police Officers in Kenya”.
- (2010) Research Coordinator in a project titled The Changing Nature of Doctoral Programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa’. A Study involving six African Universities and commissioned by the International Association of Universities.
- (2010) Project Coordinator in the research investigating the Feasibility of Establishing Postgraduate Hostels at Kenyatta University. Funded by Kenyatta University. (team leader)
- (2009) Research Coordinator for a research project Investigating Quality of Life among Kenyan Adult Population. Funded by KU, the Retirement Benefits Authority and Equity Bank.
- (2008) Collaborating Researcher for ICRAF funded research titled A Study of the Impact of Fodder Shrubs in Kenya: A case of selected districts in Kenya.
- (2008) Collaborating Researcher Gender representation in higher education in Kenya: identifying opportunities for policy, action and linkages with basic education. Funded by UNICEF, Country Office.
- (2007) Collaborating Researcher for KAPP-KARI funded project titled Optimization and commercialization of fishery value chain within Naro Moru Rural Communities.
- (2006) Researcher in a VICRES funded Project titled Utilization of Integrated Ecosystem Assessment and Corporate Social Responsibility in Evaluating Effects of Sugarcane Production on Environmental Quality and Community Livelihoods in the Lake Victoria Basin.
- (2006) Collaborating Researcher for a CHE funded project titled ‘Utilization of Reservoir Dams in Fish Production in Maragwa Thika and Kiambu Districts’.
- (2006) Country Researcher-African Media Development Initiative (AMDI): A project of the BBC World Service Trust.
- (2005 to date): Collaborating Researcher for an AICAD funded project titled ‘Introduction of Aquaculture and fishing on Small Dams and Reservoirs to Increase Fish Availability and Income of The Local Communities in Thika and Maragua Districts’- ongoing.
- (2004): Documentary researcher in the National Inventory of Social Science Research in Kenya funded by the National Council of Science and Technology (NCST).
- (1999/2000): Researcher in a Ford Foundation (FF) funded project on ‘Ethnicity Community Relations and Civil Society in Kenya”.
- (l997): Field supervisor with the N.G.O Council of Kenya in the “N.G.O Sector Survey”.
- (1996): Researcher for a Ph.D thesis on ‘Participation of Women in Management Posts in Manufacturing Industry”.
- (1995): Research Assistant for visiting student from Indiana University, U.S.A investigating Participation in Informal Education among Slum Children.
- (1994): Research Assistant for Winlock International: The Effects of SAPs on Women’s Small Enterprises.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 March 2016 09:25