Page 3 of 4
Policy Writing and Evaluation Research
- (2014) Contracted along with others to write a Gender Responsive Pedagogy for the Strengthening Education Systems in East Africa (SESEA) Project by the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN).
- (2011) contracted to write the Sessional Paper for the Policy on the Abandonment of FGM in Kenya for UNFPA/GOK as consultant.
- (2009) Developed the National Plan of Action for Children in Kenya for UNICEF/GOK
- (2008) Conducted an evaluation of the Local Co-operation Funds from the Government of Finland among Civil Societies in Kenya.
- (2007) Contracted along with others to Develop the National Children Policy for UNICEF/GOK
- (2007) Evaluated World Vision -End of project impact for the Middle Juba food Emergency Response-Somalia.
- (2006) Consultant Researcher for the African Media Development Initiative (AMDI): A project of the BBC World Service Trust.
- Attended the Alternative Dispute Resolution as a Mechanism for Conflict Resolution in Kenya held at the Hilton, Nairobi 7th-8th May 2015 by Partnership for Peace and Security (PfPS).
- Attended a High level breakfast meeting organized by the African Women Studies Centre of the University of Nairobi to validate the Kenya Food Security Bill ahead of Senate/Parliamentary approval on 18th March 2015.
- Attended a High level breakfast meeting on aging, data and development, by the Global Age watch Index (GAWI) held at Serena Hotel-Nairobi on 24th October 2013.
- (2013) GSIA Expert Workshop: on Intergenerational Dynamics and Ageing in Sub-Saharan Africa held on 29th-31st July 2013 in Northwestern University in South Africa and presented a paper on Family, Ageing and Intergenerational Relationships in Kenya.
- (2013) Maritime Security off the East Coast: Moving Beyond Piracy held at White sands Hotel between 17th -20th September 2013 in Dar es Salaam.
- (2013) attended the EAC-University summit hosted by University of Guelph-Canada at Serena Hotel, Dar es Salaam.
- (2013) Smart Sustainable Cities in Kenya conference organized by the DAAD, IFP and DIES held on 29th and 30th May 2013 at the Safari Park Hotel.
- Small Enterprise Development in East Africa: Sharing experience and Networking among key stakeholders. A workshop sponsored by Trust Africa, IDRC, CRDI and held on Thursday 9th may 2013 at the Utalii Hotel.
- (2012) Attended the Security Sector Expenditure Review meeting held at the World Bank’s Global centre on Conflict Security and Development on 1st October, 2012.
- (2012) Attended the High Level Panel on Challenges and Opportunities for Security Sector Reform (SSR) in East Africa held on 2-3rd October at the United Nations Office in Nairobi (UNON) sponsored by the ADB, UN, ASSN, DCAD, Embassies of Slovakia, Netherlands and Burudi.
- (2012) Investment Climate Reforms in Africa: Celebrating Achievements, Sharing Experience and Networking Among Key Stakeholders. Held at the Laico Ragency Hotel on 24th-25th October, 2012 and sponsored by ICBE, Trust Africa and Strathmore University.
- (2012) Connecting African and Global Endeavour on Human Rights and Older Persons. World health Organization/IAGG/SFGG workshop at the Protea Hotel, Cape Town.
- (2012) the International Gerontology and Geriatrics Association regional conference on Ageing-Beyond Madrid +10. Hosted by the University of Cape town, South Africa between 16th -21st October 2012. Presented a paper on Determinants of Quality of Life among Older Persons in Kenya.
- (2012) Attended the World Health Organization workshop on “Connecting African and Global Endeavour on Human Rights and Older Persons” held on 17th October, 2012 at the Protea Hotel, Cape Town, South Africa.
- (2012) High Level Panel on the challenges and Opportunities of Security Sector Reform (SSR) in East Africa held on 2-3rd October, 2012 at the United Nations, Gigiri, Nairobi.
- (2012) The International Conference on Gender Based Violence: Creating Safe Spaces for Women and Men, A Multi-disciplinary Approach to Gender Based Violence. Held on 1-3rd August at Kenyatta University, Kenya. Presented a Paper on Sexual Harassment at in Sporting Activities in Kenya: Towards Policy and Action.
- (2011) The International Association of Universities’ conference on Enhancing Access, Equity and Success in Higher Education. Held at the Safari Park Hotel, November 16th- 18th 2011- Presented a poster on Kenyatta University Enhancing Equity and Access.
- (2010) International Association of Universities’ Dissemination workshop of findings of the study the Changing Nature of Doctoral Programmes in Sub-Saharan Africa’. A Study involving six African Universities and commissioned by the International Association of Universities. Held at University of Ilorin, Nigeria, 7th – 11th November 2010.
- (2009) TOT Workshop on Applied Learning in Executive Education hosted by the Copenhagen Business School/Inoorero University. Held on 31st August– 4th September 2009 at the Jacarada Hotel, Nairobi.
- (2008) The 4th World Ageing and Generations Congress held in St. Gallen, Switzerland, 28th-30th August 2008. Sponsored by the World Demographic Association.
- (2008) The 5th VicRES Annual Forum held at Ngurdoto Mountain Lodge, Arusha on 27th -31st May 2008.
- (2007) The East African Ageing and Policy Dialogue workshop held on 17th-18th September at Pan Afric Hotel, Nairobi.
- (2006)- Quality Assurance In Higher Education. Regional Eastern Africa Unistaff Alumni Network Series: Held on 5th-11th November at Kenyatta University, Nairobi-Kenya. Sponsored by DAAD, Bundesministerium Fur Wirtschaftliche Zusammenarbelt Und Entwicklung, University of Kassel and Kenyatta University.
- (2006): The 4th International SEPneT Conference held on 10-15th March at Mouvenpick Hotel. Dar es Salaam.
- (2005): Attended a Ph.D scholars Colloquium held at Hamburg University, Germany-8th April, 2005.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 March 2016 09:25