Page 4 of 4
Other Major Conferences
- 2008-The Annual Regional Consultative Meeting on Ageing. Held at the Silver Springs Hotel. 16-17th September 2008.
- 2008- The impact of the post election crisis on Kenyan Higher Education institutions. Are the Ivory towers part of the problem or can they provide direction. Organized by DAAD Kenya at University of Nairobi. 8th August 2008.
- 2008- Launch of the Review of the African Union Policy Framework and Plan of Action on Ageing held on 23rd January 2008 at the Grand Ragency Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2007- Workshop to Review the proposed Social Protection Policy for Kenya held on December 2007 at Sports-view Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2007- National Social Protection Platform in Kenya: Which Way for Policy? Held on 5th December, 2007 at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi. Sponsored by the Help Age International.
- 2007- University Managers Seminar on Result Based Management for Rapid Results Initiative held on 4th-5th October, 2007 at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies.
- 2007- The East African Ageing and Policy Dialogue workshop organized by African Research on Ageing Network (AFRAN) held on 17th-18th September 2007 at Panafric Hotel, Narobi.
- 2007- The Risk of Education conference held on 26-27th July 2007 at Kenyatta University.
- 2007- Mentoring Capacity Building Seminar held on 21st July 2007 at Utalii Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2007- The 18th Postgraduate Seminar Series. Presented a paper on the Effects of Different Interventional Approaches on the Performance of SMEs in the theme Globalization and Research Applications in the 21st Century. Held on 30th November 2007 at Kenyatta University.
- 2007- The 17th Postgraduate Seminar Series. The Role of Research in the Millennium Development Goals. Held on 27th March 2007 at Kenyatta University.
- 2007- National Stakeholders Forum to Discuss The Intergenerational Dimensions of HIV/AIDS. Held on 19th January at the Panafric Hotel. Nairobi. Sponsored by Help Age International (HAK).
- 2007- Biodiversity/Livelihood in Kakamega Forest. Held on 29th January at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi. Sponsored by the BIOTA international Collaborative Grant programme.
- 2006- Dissemination of Guidelines on Applying For ACP (Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) - EU Cooperation Programme In Higher Education. Held on 2nd December at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2006- Mainstreaming Older Persons in Poverty Reduction In Kenya. Held on November 2006 at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi. Sponsored by Help Age-Kenya.
- 2006- The Principle of Sustainability: An Interdisciplinary View. The First KDSA Regional Conference. Held on 30th November-1st December 2006. University of Nairobi. Sponsored by DAAD.
- 2006- African Media Development Initiative -AMDI Technical Workshop. Held on 28th –29th September at the New Stanley. Sponsored by BBC.
- 2006- Re-Invigorating the University Mandate In a Globalising Environment: Challenges, Obstacles and Way Forward. Held on 26th-27th May at Kenyatta University. Sponsored by DAAD.
- 2006- Kenya National Workshop for AN@FRIC-African German Alumni. Held on 7th February 2006 at Nairobi. Sponsored By INWENT-Capacity Building International, Germany.
- 2004- Stakeholders Workshop to Develop a Framework for the National Action Plan on the Policy for Older Persons and Ageing. Held at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi on 16th-18th June. Sponsored by the Ministry of Gender, Sports, Culture and Social Services.
- 2004-Crisis Prevention and Capacity Building For HIV/Aids Peer Counselling
- Held on May 2nd-7th at Nakuru, Kunste Hotel. Sponsored by DAAD, KIEL University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- 2004- Research Management, Data Acquisition, Analysis And Dissemination. Held on 25th –26th March at AICAD. Sponsored by DAAD.
- 2004- Kenya and Germany: Perspectives On Working Together As Partners. Alumni Workshop held on 20th- 21st March 2004. Goethe Institute Nairobi. Sponsored by DAAD.
- 2004- The First Workshop on Research Ethics for DAAD Scholars. Held on 12th February at Maseno University. Sponsored by DAAD.
- 2003- Consultative Workshop on Ageing and Development. Held on 10th December at Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi. Sponsored by Help Age Kenya.
- July 2010- Facilitated the first ever Pan African International Family Strength Conference held in Mombasa Kenya and hosted by Kenyatta University.
- 2007/2008- facilitated various workshops held in 11 provincial regions of Kenya to debate the National Children Policy.
Last Updated on Wednesday, 23 March 2016 09:25