Research Interests: Emergency Obstetric Care,Obstetric Trauma including Obstetric Fistula,Urinary Incontinence in Women,Infertility,Cervical Cancer Prevention,Reproductive Tract Infections Including HIV
- Dr S.M.Mutiso, Depression among obstetric fistula patients attending a repair camp at Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi, February 17th-19th 2010
- Dr S.M.Mutiso, Quality of antenatal and intrapartum care received by obstetric fistula patients during causative pregnancy in Kenya. 2nd International Society of Fistula Surgeons (ISOFS) scientific conference, Nairobi, November 25th-27th 2009.
- Dr S.M.Mutiso, Impact of treatment on Quality of life among obstetric fistula patients at Kisii, Kenya.A paper presented during the 3rd International Society of Fistula Surgeons (ISOFS) scientific conference, Hotel des, Almadies,Dakar,Senegal, 7th-9th December 2010
- Mutiso S.M. Kinuthia J. Qureshi Z, 2008, Contraceptive use among HIV infected women attending comprehensive care centre, East African Medical Journal Vol. 85.No.4, ISSN 0012-835X
- Mutiso S.M. Qureshi Z. Kinuthia J, 2008, Birth preparedness among women attending antenatal care at Kenyatta National Hospital, East African Medical Journal Vol.85 No.6, ISSN 0012-835X
- Mutiso S.M. Qureshi Z. Kinuthia J, 2008, Emergency preparedness among antenatal clients at Kenyatta National Hospital., Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology of Eastern and Central Africa, Vol.20 No1:4-12, ISSN 1012-8867