Research Interests: Immunology of infectious diseases; Schistosomiasis immunology;HIV/HCV coinfections in injection drug users
- Riner D. K., Ndombi E. M., Carter J. M., Omondi A., Kittur N., Kavere E., Korir H. K., Flaherty B., Karanja D. and Colley D. G. (2016). Schistosoma mansoni Infection Can Jeopardize the Duration of Protective Levels of Antibody Responses to Immunizations against Hepatitis B and Tetanus Toxoid. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases.
- Oct. 25th-29th 2015 American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) annual meeting 2015, The Marriott Philadelphia downtown, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA. Oral presentation: Effect of Mass Drug Administration with Praziquantel on Anti-Schistosome Immune Responses in School Children from Western Kenya
- June 23rd-26th 2015 Federation of Clinical Immunological Societies Annual meeting (FOCIS 2015), Hilton Bayfront, San Diego, California, USA. Oral presentation: Effect of one round of mass drug administration on immune correlates of protection against schistosomiasis in school children from western Kenya
- Dec 10-11th 2014, 8th Neglected Tropical Diseases Conference, Soverign Hotel, Kisumu; Oral presentation: Impact of schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths on vaccine-induced immune responses
- Dec 7th-9th 2014, Ruggero Ceppellini Advanced School of Immunology; Maternal immune system in pregnancy course; Castellammare di Stabia (Naples), Italy.
- Dec 1st-4th 2014 9th Federation of African Immunological Societies (FAIS) Conference, Safari Park Hotel, Kenya; Oral presentation: Anti-schistosome immune responses in school children in Western Kenya before and after mass drug administration with praziquantel”
Eric M. Ndombi, Budambula Valentine, Mark W. Kilongosi, Francis O. Musumba, Joseph Karanja, Jesca O. Wesongah, Samwel A. Bonuke, Aabid A Ahmed, Raphael Lihana, and Tom Were 2015 Serum adiponectin in HIV-1 and hepatitis C virus mono- and co-infected Kenyan injection drug users. European Journal of Endocrinology
Diana K. Riner, Emmy Kavere, Eric M. Ndombi, Nupur Kittur, W. Evan Secor, Diana Karanja and Daniel G. Colley 2015 Impact of schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths on vaccine-induced immune responses Manuscript in preparation
Ndombi E, Makuto 2011 Cytokine (IL-5, IL-10, IL-13 and IFN- ) Profile of Schistosoma mansoni Infected School Children upon Treatment with Praziquantel Thesis
Eric Makuto Ndombi Impact of schistosomiasis and soil transmitted helminths on vaccine-induced immune responses Kisumu/Kenya; 8th NTD Conference 10th-11th December, 2014
Eric Makuto Ndombi Anti-schistosome immune responses in school children in Western Kenya before and after mass drug administration with praziquantel”
Nairobi/Kenya; 9th FAIS Conference, Safari Park Hotel 1st-4th December, 2014
Eric Makuto Ndombi Baseline cytokine responses of Schistosomiasis mansoni infected School children in Asembo area of western Kenya Kisumu/Kenya; 7th NTD Conference 5th-6th December, 2013
Eric Makuto Ndombi Regulatory T lymphocytes in individuals with different durations of exposure to schistosomiasis infection;
Kisumu; 6th Annual NTD Symposium 10th-11th December 2012