Licensed as a Pharmacist by the Indiana Board of Pharmacy.
Licensed as a Pharmacist by the Kenya Pharmaceutical and Poisons Board.
2004 :Doctor of Pharmacy , Mercer University, Atlanta, GA.
2000: BS in Chemistry,Worcester State College, Worcester, MA.
2013-Present Lecturer and Director Alumni Programmes
Kenyatta University, Nairobi
- Employ differentiated teaching methods, incorporating, audio and visual activities to address all learning styles.
- Develop discipline plans and work closely with at-risk students.
- Precept students at the hospital for clinical pharmacy preparation
- Developthe traditional and non-traditional Doctorate of Pharmacy curriculum and present to relevant stakeholders.
- Initiation and implementation project of the Doctorate in Pharmacy program
- Exploit on projects that advance the University in visibility locally and Internationally
- Create rotation sites to educate experientially local and international students
2009-2013 Clinical Pharmacist
Indiana University Ball Memorial Hospital. Muncie IN
- Worked with Pharmacovigilance team to investigate incidents per global pharmacovigilance guidelines and report quarterly to the Physician and therapeutics committee
- Ensure that compliance with international drug safety regulations and the institutional review board policies are adhered to when dispensing study drugs at the cancer center.
- Initiation and Implementation of an outpatient pharmacy and anticoagulation clinic at the cancer center.
- Adjunct lecturer in the pharmacy technician certification program.
- Supervise activities of support personnel involved in drug preparation and distribution to ensure prioritization and good time management.
- Manage total parentral nutrition and antibiotics for adult, pediatric and neonatal patient population.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams for Heart failure, Anticoagulation and Oncology leading in target drug programs, making clinical judgment, monitoring, and prevention of medication errors
- Patient advocate, meet with inpatients upon admission and discharge to discuss current medications, their function in their disease process, drug safety, and ensure that they are taken appropriately.
- Provided timely communication to medical and nursing staff as it related to clinical recommendations, product availability and drug information requests.
- Knowledge and adherence to federal and state laws and regulations pertaining to dispensing of drugs and narcotics
2008 – 2009 Clinical Pharmacist
Kenyatta National Hospital, Nairobi Kenya
- Worked with team to operationalize the first Medicines and Poisons information center in the country.
- Developed Standard of Operating Procedures for the Medicines and Poisons Information Center.
- Involved in operational research studies at the hospital
- Precepted and Lectured Drug and Information class to the Masters of Clinical Pharmacy Students
- Healthcare provider continuing education on HIV/AIDS, Diabetes, Anticoagulation, and Hypertension.