Department/Unit/Section: Environmental Health
Contact Address: P.O. Box 43844-00100 Nairobi, Kenya.
Tel: +254 722 589 335
Area of Specialization: Environmental Health (Public Health)
Download Full CV
- Field Coordinator and Data Quality Personnel: Road side and community survey for road safety among Kenyan Communities. In collaboration with John Hopkins University, USA. August 2010 - Current
- Field Coordinator: Baseline Survey on Road Safety amongst Motorists in Thika and Naivasha Districts, Done in collaboration with the Ministry of Public Health and Sanitation, WHO and John Hopkins University (USA). August 2010 – Current
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Water Points in Isiolo and Samburu Country – February 2012
- Livelihood Assessment in Khwisero District for Community Development Initiative - 2011
- Associate Consultant: Pesticide Attenuation in Nyando and Kimondi Wetlands in Lake Victoria Basin. 2009 – Current.
- Associate investigator: Urban Agriculture and Potential Health Risks in Kenya. 2009 – Current.
- Assessment of Heavy Metals in Meat Consumed in Eldoret Town and its Health implications on Consumers June 2003 – June 2004.
Papers Presented in various Conferences
Published Papers and Book
- Water and Sanitation in the Context of HIV/AIDS in Kenya. (Paper presented at North-South-South Intensive Course Program, April 20th – 24th, 2009, Eldoret, Kenya).
- The Challenge of Electronic Waste Management in Kenya. (A paper presented at the East African Health and Scientific Conference, 25th – 27th March 2009, Nairobi Kenya).
- Environmental Degradation and Social Conflicts in Africa: Linkage and Context (A paper presented at the Nile Basin Development Forum, Khartoum, Sudan. 19nd – 17th November, 2008).
- Public Health Implications of Civil Strife in Kenya (A paper presented at North – South – South Intensive Cause organized by Kuopio University (Finland) at Muhimbili University, Tanzania May 24th – 30th , 2008).
- Heavy Metal Contaminants in Food: A Public Health Concern (A paper presented at North – South – South Intensive Cause organized by Kuopio University (Finland) at Muhimbili University, Tanzania May 24th – 30th, 2008).
- Bachani A, Mogere S, Nyamari J, Akunga D (2011). Road Traffic Injuries in Kenya: The Health Burden and Risk Factors. Published in the Journal of Traffic Injury Prevention. GCPI-2011-0089.
- Jackim Nyamari and Meshack Onyambu (2011). Herbal Medicine Contaminants in Kenya. VDM Publishers. ISSN 45360382
- Jackim Nyamari and Gelas Simiyu (2010) Health Implications of Urban Livestock Farming on Meat Quality. VDM Publishers. ISSN 3639236343
- J.M. Nyamari and G.M Simiyu (Dec, 2007). Urban Agriculture and Potential Human Health Risks in Eldoret Town, Kenya. Published in the Journal of Building and Land Development Vol. 14 No. 2. ISSN 0856-0501.
- Nyamari J.M and G.M Simiyu (2005) in Oywa, J. “Alert Over Town Livestock Meat.” Daily Nation 19th Oct 2005. 21. Nation Media Group: Nairobi.
Last Updated on Thursday, 22 August 2013 11:19