PROFESSIONAL TRAININGS AND CONFERENCES (Post University)
- 4TH African Regional Conference by Alzheimer’s Disease International on 28th & 29th September, 2017 at the Lions Eye Hospital in Loresho, Nairobi Kenya
- Advocating for the Integration of FGM/C into the University Medical/Public Health Curriculum by Africa Coordinating Centre for Abandonment of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (ACCAF) and University of Nairobi on 14th and 15th September, 2017 in the Silver Springs Hotel, Nairobi.
- Global Ageing and Long-term care Research Network (GALNet) held on 26th to 27th June, 2017 at the African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) in Nairobi Kenya
- The Nutritional Status and Functionality of Institutionalized and Non-institutionalized Elderly Persons in Nairobi County in Kenya Vienna, Austria 2017
- 1st International Reproductive Health Conference; Theme: Ending Obstetric Fistula in a generation held on 22nd to 24th May, 2017 at the Kenyatta University Conference Center in Kenyatta University.
- 2nd IAGG Region Conference of Gerontology and Geriatrics; Theme: Long-term Care Systems for Africa: Setting agendas, held at the African Population and Health Research Centre, Nairobi Campus from 6th to 8th of December, 2017.
- 2nd International Conference on Physical Activity and Sports for Health and Development in Africa held in Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya from 21st to 23rd September, 2016.
- Certificate on Setting, Moderating and Examination Marking in Institutions of Higher Learning – Kenyatta University through the Directorate of Teaching Excellence in 2014
- Certificate in Research and Proposal Writing by National Council for Science and Technology on 13th February, 2013
- Participation in AAEH Research Development Workshop in Blantyre, Malawi 7th – 11th November 2011.
- Health and development; the role of media in health communication held in Safari park hotel on 27th to 29th June, 2011
- Awareness training: quality management system ISO 9001 2008 Kenyatta University 24th March 2011 at the Kenyatta University Conference Centre (KUCC)
- Symposium on innovations in monitoring and evaluation (M & E) on 7th - 8th March 2011
- Introduction to STATA (a statistical package for data analysis) implemented by Tulane university (USA) in collaboration with Kenyatta University (Kenya).
- Introduction to STATA Workshop on February 28th to 5th march, 2011 by Kenyatta University and APHIA II, Nairobi Kenya.
- Certificate in Financial Literacy Training by Equity Bank Foundation and Kenyatta University in June, 2010
- Certificate in Project Cycle Management Training by AMREF from the 23rd to 27th March, 2009 in the Garissa Action Against Hunger International (ACFIN) Region Office.
- 24th to 28th February 2009 – Global Water Initiative Monitoring and Evaluation Tools by CARE INTERNATIONAL IN KENYA and the Global Water Initiative (GWI) in the Nomads Hotel, Garissa.
- 4th September, 2008 – Finance for Non-Finance Managers Workshop in the Laico Regency, Nairobi
- 27th -30th October, 2008 – Kenya WASH Cluster, Training for Emergencies Nairobi by REdR UK, UNICEF WASH cluster and NETWAS in the Silver Springs Hotel
- 17th -23rd July, 2008 – Peace Initiative by Oxfam in the Panafric Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
- 20th – 25th March, 2008 – Oxfam and ICRC, The SPHERE Project: Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Disaster Response in Hotel Kunste, Nakuru
- Peer counseling in HIV/AIDS by I Choose Life (ICL), Kenya, 2002
- Nutritional Status Of Elderly Persons: A Comparison Between Institutionalized And Non -Institutionalized Elderly Persons In Nairobi City County, In Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies. Volume 4 issue 10, October, 2017 Page 199-204.
- Judy W Mugo, Ephantus W. Kabiru and Rekha R. Sharma – The types of Non-prescription drugs bought by the residents of the city of Nairobi, Kenya, J.Natcon 20 (1) : 33-39 (2008) published by nature Conservators, India
Publications in Peer Reviewed Journals
- Gitonga, C., Nyamari, J., & Mugo, J. (2020). Adherence to Pulmonary Tuberculosis Treatment In Murang’a County, Kenya. International Journal of Current Aspects, 4(1), 49-63. https://doi.org/10.35942/ijcab.v4i1.114
- Paul, M., Orago, A., & Mugo, J (2019). Cervical Cancer Screening and Knowledge of Cervical Cancer Risk factors among women of Reproductive Age in Juja Sub-County, Kenya. Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing. ISSN 2520-4025. Vol .4, Issue 4. No. 3, pp 31- 42.
- Chelimo, A., Arodi, W., Makworo, D., & J Mugo (2018). Assessment of the incidence and contributing factors of Post caesarean section wound sepsis among postnatal mothers at Kenyatta National Hospital Postnatal ward Journal of Health, Medicine and Nursing 3 (4), 1-18.
- Mugo, J., Waudo, J., Onywera J., & Otieno, G., (2017). Nutritional Status of Elderly Persons: A Comparison Between Institutionalized And Non -Institutionalized Elderly Persons In Nairobi City County, In Kenya. International Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies. Volume 4 issue 10, October, 2017 Page 199-204.
- Mugo, J., Onywera, V., Waudo, J., & Otieno, G., (2017). Functionality of Elderly Persons: A Comparison Between Institutionalized and Non–Institutionalized Elderly Persons in Nairobi City County, in Kenya. World Journal of Public Health Vol 3, (1), 94(8), 1406-1411.
- Mugo, J., Kabiru, W., & Sharma, R (2008). The types of Non-prescription drugs bought by the residents of the city of Nairobi, Kenya, Journal of Nature Conservators, 20 (1) : 33-39.