Department of Chemistry
- The search for cheap, economically and environmentally friendly water filters (biosorbents) for metal ions removal in aqueous systems.
- The study of complexes formed by metal ions in dilute aqueous solutions containing biologically or environmentally important ligands. In biological and natural water systems which contain both biomolecules and metal ions a study of the thermodynamics of their interactions is clearly an essential step in understanding their role, made complicated by the complexity of the system.
- Biomass as a source of renewable energy.
Nasiebanda Roselyne, Charles O. Onindo, Harun M. Mbuvi (2014). Speciation of cadmium and lead in garage soils from Ngara- Nairobi and their Levels in nearby vegetables and water. International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences 4(3), 89-100, Online ISSN : 2249-5894.
- Genson Murithi, Charles O. Onindo, Enos Wamalwa Wambu, Gerald K. Muthakia (2014). Removal of Cadmium(II) Ions from Water by Adsorption using Water Hyacinth (Eichhorniacrassipes) Biomass BioResources 9(2), 3613-3631.
- E W Wambu, C.O.Onindo, W Ambusso, GK Muthakia (2013). Removal of fluoride from aqueous solutions by adsorption using a siliceous minerals of a Kenyan origin, CLEAN-Soil, Air, Water 41(4), 340-348.
- Naftali T. Muriithi, Charles O Onindo, Harun M Mbuvi and Dickson M Andala (2013). Oxidation of cyclic amines by molybdenum(II) and tungsten(II)Halocarbonyls, [M(CO)4X2]2 (M = Mo, W; X = Cl, Br),.Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop. 2013, 27(2), 233-239, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/bcse.v27i2.8
- Jeremiah O. Masime, Ruth Wanjau, Charles Onindo (2013). Determination of the levels of nitrite in homemade brews, spirits and raw materils used using uv – visible spectroscopy in Nairobi County. International Journal of Advancements in Research & Technology, 2(7),461. ISSN 2278-7763 Copyright © 2013 SciResPub. IJOART
- EW Wambu, CO Onindo, W Ambusso, GK Muthakia (2013). Equilibrium Studies of Fluoride Adsorption onto a Ferric Poly−mineral from Kenya. Journal of Applied Sciences and Environmental Management 16(1),69-74. ISSN 1119-8362
- Genson Murithi, Charles. O. Onindo and Gerald. K. Muthakia (2012). Kinetic and equilibrium study for the sorption of Pb(II) ions from aqueous phase by water hyacinth (Eichhorniacrassipes),Bull. Chem. Soc. Ethiop., 26(2), 181-193. ISSN 1011-3924 DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4314/bcse.v26i2.3
- C.O.Onindo and I.W.Mwangi (2012). Thermodynamic modelling of the equilibria in Lake Baringo, Kenya. Journal of Agriculture, Science and Technology, 14(2), 104-113.
- E.W. Wambu, C.O. Onindo, W.J. Ambusso, G.K. Muthakia (2012) Fluoride Adsorption onto an Acid TreatedLateriticMineral from Kenya: Equilibrium Studies, African Journal of Environmental Science and Technology, 6(3), 160-169,(http://www.academicjournals.org/AJESTDOI: 10.5897/AJEST11.259 ISSN 1996-0786)
- SKUDI, J.B., WANJAU, R., MURUNGI, J., ONINDO, C.O., (2011). Alum treated grey water for toilet flushing, mopping and laundry work. Hydrol Current Res 2:114. Doi:10.4172/2157-7587.1000114.
- WAMBU,ENOS W.,ONINDO,CHARLES O.,AMBUSSO, ., WILLIS J., MUTHAKIA, GERALD K.(2011) Fluoride Adsorption onto Acid-Treated Diatomaceous Mineral from Kenya, Materials Sciences and Applications,2, 1654-1660 doi:10.4236/msa.2011.211220 Published Online November 2011 (http://www.SciRP.org/journal/msa) Copyright © 2011 SciRes. MSA
Last Updated on Wednesday, 09 March 2016 09:07