- Worked as an assistant manufacturing chemist in several sugar factories (INDIA) in boiling, Laboratory testing and quality control sections
- Worked as a senior Research Fellow on “Protection of Buildings from Vegetative Growth” [C.B.R.I., ROORKEE, (U.P.), INDIA] to check on organic growth i.e. algae and fungi on different types of building surfaces and their preservation by applying appropriate chemical treatments
- Characterization and structural determination of synthesized substituted pryidones, anilides, arylidenes, pyrazoles among others
- Surface water quality appraisal, water quality monitoring (Nairobi River)
- Impact assessment of industrial pollution on KRISHNA RIVER, INDIA and liquid waste management
Publications and patents:
- Mbugua G, Mwangi IW, Swaleh S, Wanjau RN, Ram M and Ngila JC (2017) Remediation of Fluoride Laden Water by Complexation with Triethylamine Modified Waste Polythene Material; Mat Sci Ind J. 2017 Vol: 15( 1)
- Beatrice.W.Waweru, *Isaac. W. Mwangi, Jane Murungi, Ruth N. Wanjau, T.A.M. Msagati , Ram Manohar, (2016); Remediation of Lead, Cadmium and Copper Polluted Waters by Onion Skins (Allium Cepa), International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research Volume 4, Issue 5, 932-944
- Wanjau, Ruth N., T. A. M. Msagati and Ram Manohah. (2016) "Remediation of Lead, Cadmium and Copper Polluted Waters by Onion Skins (Allium Cepa)". International Journal of Agriculture Innovations and Research 4(5): 932-943.
- Charles Kamathi Mwangi, Isaac W. Mwangi, Ruth N. Wanjau, Sauda Swaleh, Manohar Ram & J.C. Ngila,, (2016); Remediation of Fluoride Laden Water by Complexation with Triethylamine Modified Maize TasselsEnvironment and Natural Resources Research(2016) Vol. 6, No. 1; 2016 ISSN 1927-0488 E-ISSN 1927-0496
- Thomas Arap Bii, Isaac W Mwangi, Ruth N Wanjau, Sauda Swaleh, Manohar Ram and Ngila JC. (2016); Remediation of Some Selected Heavy Metals from Water Using Modified and Unmodified Mushrooms; Journal of Pollution Effects & Control 4(2) 1-15
- J. Kagai, S. Mpoke, R. Manohar and Kenya, E. U. (2008). Diagnosis of Wuchereria Bancrofti Infection in Kenya: The potential Application of a Molecular Urine Diagnosis. J. Nature Conservation, Vol 20 (2): 327 – 336.
- Ambundo T., J. O. Oundo, R. Manohar, J, Mbithi and Kenya, E. U. (2008). Impregnated dry Filter paper as an Alternative medium for Transporting Diarrhoeal Stool Samples. J. Nature Conservation, Vol 20 (2): 281 – 291.
- Kenya, E.U, Okun, D.O., Gachuche, D.N., Abdulahi, A., Abubakar, L.U. and Manohar, R.; (2006) Detection and presumptive identification of Clostridium perfringens in drinking water; Aquacult journal vol. 7(1). 27-36.
- Abwao, P and Ram Manohar (2005), "Chemistry as Tool in water Treatment". In Abstract Volume of the 5th International Conference of The Kenya Chemical Society. 22nd -26th August, 2005 whose theme was Chemistry- Its Contribution to a Healthy Environment and Socio-Economic Development. Kenyatta University, Nairobi, Kenya.