- P.N. Waithaka, J.M. Maingi, A.K. Nyamache (2014): Isolation of microorganisms and screening of heavy metals from Municipal Council’s treated sewage from Nakuru sewage treatment plant in Nakuru County, Kenya. Scientific Journal of Microbiology 3(12), 118-125.
- Paul Njenga Waithaka, J. Maingi, A. K Nyamache (2014): Microbial contamination ofenvironmental, food and treated water samples in Nakuru North Sub-county, Kenya International Journal of Microbiology and Allied Sciences, 1(2):78-9
- Paul Njenga Waithaka, John Muthini Maingi, A. K. Nyamache (2014): Physico-chemical and Salmonella isolates in community taps and river Kandutura in Nakuru North Sub-county, Kenya. International Journal of Microbiology and Epidemiological Research, 2(4), 29-37,
- Kago E.K, Kinyua Z.M., Okemo P.O. and Maingi J.M. (2014): Effects of Cabbage Tissue and Calcium Hypochlorite on Soil Fertility and Yields of Selected Solanaceous Crops. Annual Research and Review in Biology, 4(3) 547-559.
- Muthini M., Maingi J.M., Muoma J.O., Amoding A., Mukaminega D., Osoro N., Mgutu A. And Ombori O. (2014): Morphological Assessment and Effectiveness of Indigenous Rhizobia Isolates that Nodulate P. vulgaris in Water Hyacinth Compost Testing Field in Lake Victoria Basin. British Journal of Applied Science & Technology, 4(5) 718-738.
- Osoro N., Muoma J.O, Amoding A., Mukaminega D., Muthini M., Ombori O. and Maingi J.M. (2014): Effects of Water Hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes [mart.] solms) Compost on Growth and Yield Parameters of Maize (Zea mays). British Journal of Applied Science and Technology, 4(4): 617-633.
- Naluyange V., Ochieno D.M.W, Maingi J.M., Ombori O., Mukaminega D., Amoding A., Odendo M., Okoth S.A, Shivoga W.A. and Muoma J.V.O (2014). Compatibility of Rhizobium inoculant and water hyacinth compost formulations in Rosecoco bean and consequences on Aphis fabae and Colletotrichum lindemuthianum infestations. Applied Soil Ecology 76, 68– 77
- Musyoki A.M, Suleiman M.A, Mbithi J.N., and Maingi J.M. (2013). Diurnal and seasonal variations of pathogenic bacteria in Dandora Sewage Treatment Plant wastewater, Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Research in Environmental Science and Toxicology 2(2), 36-41.
- Musyoki A.M, Suleiman M.A, Mbithi J.N., and Maingi J.M. (2013). Water-borne bacterial pathogens in surface waters of Nairobi River and health implication to communities downstream Athi River. International Journal of Life Science and Pharma Research 3(1), 4-9.
- Kago E.K, Kinyua Z.M, Okemo P.O and Maingi J.M. (2013). Efficacy of Brassica Tissue and ChalimTM on Control of Plant Parasitic Nematodes. Journal of Biology , 01, (01) 25-32.
- Njeru E.M, Maingi J.M, Cheruiyot R., Gitonga N.M (2013). Managing Soybean for Enhanced Food Production and Soil Bio-Fertility in Smallholder Systems through Maximized Fertilizer Use Efficiency. International Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 3(5) 191-197.
- Gicharu G. K., Gitonga N.M., Boga H., Cheruiyot R.C. and Maingi J.M (2013): Variation in Nitrogen Fixation among Three Bush Bean Cultivars Grown in Kenya when Inoculated with Three Rhizobia Strains. Greener Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 3 (11) 748-754.
- Gicharu, G.K., Gitonga, N.M, Boga H, Cheruiyot R.C., and Maingi (2013): Effect of inoculating selected climbing bean cultivars with different rhizobia strains on nitrogen fixation. Online International Journal of Microbiology Research 1(2), 25-31.
- Luvanda M.K., Maingi J., Okemo P., and Yang E (2013). Analysis of the effects of di-electric heating on common food bacterial pathogens: Evaluation based on antibiotic susceptibility and infective doses. Greener Journal of Biological Sciences 3(6), 220-228.
- Njeru, E.M., Maingi, J.M., Gitonga, N.M. and Cheruiyot, R. Symbiotic N2 Fixation in Promiscuous Soybeans (Glycine max L. Merr.) as Influenced by Phosphorus, Potassium and Sulphur Nutrition. Conference proceedings on 1st East African Regional Scientific Conference of Pure and Applied Sciences 10th-14th August, 2010 Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya.
- Gitonga, M. N., Gatheri, G. W., Cheruiyot, R., Gitonga, N. M. and Maingi, J.M (2010): Nodulation and nitrogen fixation in promiscuous and non promiscuous soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill) varieties in Eastern Kenya. Journal of Tropical Microbiology and Biotechnology 6: 3-8.Mugendi, E., Gitonga, N., Cheruiyot, R. and Maingi, J. (2010): Biological Nitrogen Fixation by Promiscuous Soybean (Glycine max L. Merril) in the Central Highlands of Kenya: Response to Inorganic Fertilizer Soil Amendments. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 6 (4): 381-387.
26th November – 27th November 2012: PACN Congress on Agricultural Productivity, Water and Waste. United Nations Conference Centre, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
22nd October - 26th October 2012: 13th Biennial KARI Scientific Conference. KARI Headquarters, Katangat Road, Loresho, Nairobi.
21st February 2011 to 25th February 2011: Attended Global Biological Resources Network Workshop at Methodist Guest House, Lavington, Nairobi.
2nd May to 8th May 2010: SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) workshop on Moodle and Wiki held at AVU, Kenyatta University.
14th March 2010 to 20th March 2010: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 3 University-based learning cycle workshop at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
26th January 2009 to 31st January 2009: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 2 University-based learning cycle workshop at Egerton University, Njoro.4th - 8th October, 2004: Attended a workshop on use of molecular techniques in identification and quantification of non-culturable bacteria. Organized by the Kenya Society of Microbiology and the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Kenyatta University and instructed by Prof. Jerry Johnson from Wyoming University, USA between