Department/Unit/Section: Plant and Microbial Sciences
Permanent Address: P.O Box 5191-00200, Nairobi, Kenya.
Contact Address: P.O Box 43844, Nairobi, Kenya
Telephone: +254-020-810901/811278 Ext. 57351
Cell phone:+254 722880280
Download Full CV
- Maingi, J.M., Shisanya, C.A., Gitonga, N.M. and Hornetz, B. (2001): Nitrogen fixation by common bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.) in pure and mixed stands in semi – arid – East Kenya. European Journal of Agronomy, 14:1 –12)
- N.M Gitonga, C.A Shisanya, B.Hornetz, and J.M Maingi (1999): Nitogen Fixation by Vigna radiata L. Wilczek in pure and Mixed stands in SE- Kenya Symbiosis, 27:239-250.
- Maingi, J.M., Shisanya, C.A., Gitonga, N.M. and Hornetz, B. (1999): Biological Nitrogen Fixation in selected Legumes of the Semi – Arid Makueni District of South East Kenya. Der Tropen – Landwirt (Journal of Agriculture in the Tropics and Sub – tropics). 100:205-213.
- Maingi, J.M., Shisanya, C.A., Gitonga, N.M. and Hornetz, B. (2001): Population level of bean rhizobia in the soil of Semi – arid Southeast Kenya and assessment of symbiotic behavior. East African Journal of Science 3(1): 13 – 18.
- Hornetz, B., Shisanya, C.A, Gitonga, N.M. and Maingi, J.M. (2006): Studies on the possibility of expanding soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merril) cultivation by smallholders in different agro-ecological zones of Kenya (with special reference to varieties with the ability of promiscuous nodulation and tempo-spatial patterns of chances and risks for cultivation). Materialien zur Ostafrika-Forschung, Heft 30.
- Maingi, J.M., Gitonga, N.M., Shisanya, C.A., Hornetz, B. and Muluvi, G.M. (2006): Population Levels of Indigenous Bradyrhizobia Nodulating Promiscuous Soybean in two Kenyan Soils of the Semi-arid and Semi-humid Agroecological Zones. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, 107: 149-159.
- 19th April 2011 to 22nd April 2011: Attended VicRes inception workshop held at Imperial Beach Hotel, Entebe, Uganda
- 14th April 2011 to15th April 2011: Participated in a Symposium on Farm Management Hand Book (FMHB) of Kenya at KARI Headquarters - Nairobi
- 21st February 2011 to 25th February 2011: Attended Global Biological Resources Network Workshop at Methodist Guest House, Lavington, Nairobi.
- 5th to 10th September 2010: Participated in value links training workshop at Green Hills Hotel in Nyeri. The workshop was one of the activities of SUCAPRI collaboration with the GTZ PSDA project on development of value chains.
- 2nd May to 8th May 2010: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 2 University-based learning cycle Workshop 4 at Kenyatta University.
- 14th March 2010 to 20th March 2010: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 2 University-based learning cycle Workshop 3 at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.