- P.N. Waithaka, J.M. Maingi, A.K. Nyamache (2014): Isolation of microorganisms and screening of heavy metals from Municipal Council’s treated sewage from Nakuru sewage treatment plant in Nakuru County, Kenya. Scientific Journal of Microbiology 3(12), 118-125.
- Paul Njenga Waithaka, J. Maingi, A. K Nyamache (2014): Microbial contamination ofenvironmental, food and treated water samples in Nakuru North Sub-county, Kenya International Journal of Microbiology and Allied Sciences, 1(2):78-9
- Paul Njenga Waithaka, John Muthini Maingi, A. K. Nyamache (2014): Physico-chemical and Salmonella isolates in community taps and river Kandutura in Nakuru North Sub-county, Kenya. International Journal of Microbiology and Epidemiological Research, 2(4), 29-37,
- Kago E.K, Kinyua Z.M., Okemo P.O. and Maingi J.M. (2014): Effects of Cabbage Tissue and Calcium Hypochlorite on Soil Fertility and Yields of Selected Solanaceous Crops. Annual Research and Review in Biology, 4(3) 547-559.
- Njeru, E.M., Maingi, J.M., Gitonga, N.M. and Cheruiyot, R. Symbiotic N2 Fixation in Promiscuous Soybeans (Glycine max L. Merr.) as Influenced by Phosphorus, Potassium and Sulphur Nutrition. Conference proceedings on 1st East African Regional Scientific Conference of Pure and Applied Sciences 10th-14th August, 2010 Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya.
- Gitonga, M. N., Gatheri, G. W., Cheruiyot, R., Gitonga, N. M. and Maingi, J.M (2010): Nodulation and nitrogen fixation in promiscuous and non promiscuous soybean (Glycine max (L.) Merrill) varieties in Eastern Kenya. Journal of Tropical Microbiology and Biotechnology 6: 3-8.
- Mugendi, E., Gitonga, N., Cheruiyot, R. and Maingi, J. (2010): Biological Nitrogen Fixation by Promiscuous Soybean (Glycine max L. Merril) in the Central Highlands of Kenya: Response to Inorganic Fertilizer Soil Amendments. World Journal of Agricultural Sciences 6 (4): 381-387.
26th November – 27th November 2012: PACN Congress on Agricultural Productivity, Water and Waste. United Nations Conference Centre, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
22nd October - 26th October 2012: 13th Biennial KARI Scientific Conference. KARI Headquarters, Katangat Road, Loresho, Nairobi.
21st February 2011 to 25th February 2011: Attended Global Biological Resources Network Workshop at Methodist Guest House, Lavington, Nairobi.
2nd May to 8th May 2010: SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) workshop on Moodle and Wiki held at AVU, Kenyatta University.
14th March 2010 to 20th March 2010: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 3 University-based learning cycle workshop at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
26th January 2009 to 31st January 2009: Participated in a SUCAPRI (Strengthening University Capacity for Promoting, facilitating and teaching Rural Innovation Processes) Activity 2 University-based learning cycle workshop at Egerton University, Njoro.4th - 8th October, 2004: Attended a workshop on use of molecular techniques in identification and quantification of non-culturable bacteria. Organized by the Kenya Society of Microbiology and the Department of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Kenyatta University and instructed by Prof. Jerry Johnson from Wyoming University, USA between