The department is mandated to organize sports, games and recreational exercise activities in Kenyatta University; this department leads in sports amongst Kenyan Universities as well as in the region. It’s been ranked best in Kenya for the past 8 years
The Vision of the Department
The vision of the Sports and Games Department is to be an effective and competitive centre of excellence in sports training and coaching, recreation, character development and fitness as a service to mankind.
Mission of the Department
The mission of the department is to offer advanced training and coaching in sports skills and tactics, managerial, and recreational services to students and staff of University and the Nation at large in line with the broad University mission of research, teaching (coaching) and service to the community.
Objectives of the Department
- Specialized coaching and consultation services to students and staff in different sports disciplines.
- Recreational and leisure time opportunities for the students, staff and Kenyatta University community.
- Avail an opportunity for the students with talent in sports to compete at National and International levels.
- To effectively prepare and enter teams in local, national and international championships.
- Facilitate skill training and effective utilization of leisure time.
- Provide continuing education opportunities for personnel in the area of sports science and leisure management for higher academic awards in sports.