|Sports and Recreation
- Sports and Games is a service department that caters for students, staff and larger community. It is concerned with intramural and interscholarly needs of the University. It provides recreational and leisure time opportunities in activities such as soccer, rugby, handball, table tennis, basket ball, badminton, scrabble, martial arts, hockey, boxing, netball, swimming, body building, athletics and others.
- These varieties of activities enable students to identify their areas of interest. Remember, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.
- The offices of the Directorate of Mentoring programme are located on the first floor of the new Business and Student Services’ Centre.
- There is a mentoring programme aimed at guiding first year students to settle down faster in the University life.
- It also aims at creating a positive University experience and offer support needed to make informed decisions and choices. Visit the office for more information.
- Health services in Kenyatta University are offered at the Health Unit on the Main Campus and in Ruiru Campus. The staff comprises of qualified doctors, clinical officers, physiotherapist and nurses. The main health unit is located on Mali Road next to the Physical Education gym.
- Referral services are given as necessary, to Kenyatta National Hospital. The University strictly clears bills for students referred to KNH by the Health Unit. Costs in any other hospital will be footed by the student/parent. Other health services offered include VCT.
Alumni and Outreach Activities
- KU has a comprehensive programme of keeping in touch with its former students who enrich her programmes and activities with their experiences.
- At the same time KU encourages students to get involved in Community Outreach activities as indicated in its mission and vision. Identify your talent and help us to nurture it.
Centre for Career Development and Placement (CCDP)
- This provides services to individual and groups in relation to career putting and choice, in matters of reference, and in, internet resources access and guidance.
- It also gives guidance on securing attachments, internships and employment opportunities.
- The offices of the CCDP are located on the first floor of the new BSSC.
A number of other services are provided at the Main Campus. Post Office
- Banking services are adequately provided by 2 banks, namely Equity and National Bank of Kenya.
- The two banks have in addition automated services.
- They are located in the new BSSC.
- It is situated next to Geography Department on your way to KUCC.