By virtue of the powers vested in the KUSA Electoral Commission 2023 by Article 28 and 50(1c) of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021), I hereby declare all the seats of the 18 th KUSA Congress vacant and open for contest. This refers to any elective or nominated members existing in the KUSA governance structure.
Subsequent to the above, fresh nominations are invited for the following posts as per the attached list.
You are hereby informed of an aspirants seminar scheduled for Monday 18 th September 2023 at the Amphitheatre from 12:00 p.m.
COLLECTION AND RETURN OF NOMINATION FORMS
- All prospective candidates should collect the nomination forms from office No. 151 Business and Students Service Centre (BSSC) starting Monday 18 th September 2023 at 2.00 p.m. to Friday 22 nd September 2023 BY 5.00pm.
- Return nomination forms to office No. 151 Business and Students Service Centre not later than:-
- Friday 22 nd September 2023 by 5.00 p.m. for all candidates
- Monday 25 th September 2023 by 5.00 p.m. for all SGC Teams
- Those who do not meet this deadline will be disqualified from vying for office.
- Candidates/teams faking NAMES, REGISTRATION NUMBERS AND SIGNATURES of nominators will be disqualified.
- Each Nominator should personally fill and sign the nomination form.
- No Candidate will be cleared to contest unless he/she meets the conditions and provisions of Article 16 and 17 of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021)
- A Delegate will not be cleared to contest unless he/she meets the conditions in Article 51 [3 (c) and (d].
- Teams for SGC will not be cleared to contest unless the Team meets the conditions in Article 31, 32 and 51(4) of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021).
DR. DANIEL OYOO
CHAIRMAN, KUSA ELECTORAL COMMISSION - 2023
The Directorate has successfully completed room allocation for those who applied for consideration for on- campus accommodation. To view the allocated room a student should use the link https://hostel.ku.ac.ke
- Please note that accommodation is allocated for two semesters and is paid for at the beginning of the academic year for the 2 semesters
- All accommodation payments are strictly made through deposits into the Kenyatta University accounts as indicated in the student’s admission letter. No cash or M-Pesa payments are accepted.
OTHER IMPORTANT DETAILS TO NOTE
- Please note that reversals are no longer allowed once a room is applied for and allocated
- Those who may have missed to apply for rooms are free to apply manually at the Accommodation office
- Any student interested in upgrading their already allocated room (now or previously) may do so by applying manually at the Accommodation office
DEADLINE FOR SIGNING INTO THE ALLOCATED ROOMS
A student must sign in with the respective housekeeper by Thursday 21st September 2023. Failure to sign in by the deadline will lead to repossession of the room for reallocation to other needy students. No refund will be given in such cases.
DIRECTOR, ACCOMMODATION SERVICES
Director Student Affairs
KUSA Vice chair