Kenyatta University School of Law participated in this year’s Christof Heyns African Human Rights Moot Court Competition that was held in Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, Kumasi, Ghana on 3rd to 9th September 2023. The university was represented by a team comprised of the following:
- Ratemo Tom Deputy Executive Dean
- Martha Bowen Mooter
- Daniel Giichi Murakaru Mooter
Out of the sixty one (61) Universities that participated in the Moot Competition, the Kenyatta University team emerged as the winner of this year’s Christof Heyns African Human Rights Moot Court Competition.
By virtue of the powers vested in the KUSA Electoral Commission 2023 by Article 28 and 50(1c) of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021), I hereby declare all the seats of the 18 th KUSA Congress vacant and open for contest. This refers to any elective or nominated members existing in the KUSA governance structure.
Subsequent to the above, fresh nominations are invited for the following posts as per the attached list.
You are hereby informed of an aspirants seminar scheduled for Monday 18 th September 2023 at the Amphitheatre from 12:00 p.m.
COLLECTION AND RETURN OF NOMINATION FORMS
- All prospective candidates should collect the nomination forms from office No. 151 Business and Students Service Centre (BSSC) starting Monday 18 th September 2023 at 2.00 p.m. to Friday 22 nd September 2023 BY 5.00pm.
- Return nomination forms to office No. 151 Business and Students Service Centre not later than:-
- Friday 22 nd September 2023 by 5.00 p.m. for all candidates
- Monday 25 th September 2023 by 5.00 p.m. for all SGC Teams
- Those who do not meet this deadline will be disqualified from vying for office.
- Candidates/teams faking NAMES, REGISTRATION NUMBERS AND SIGNATURES of nominators will be disqualified.
- Each Nominator should personally fill and sign the nomination form.
- No Candidate will be cleared to contest unless he/she meets the conditions and provisions of Article 16 and 17 of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021)
- A Delegate will not be cleared to contest unless he/she meets the conditions in Article 51 [3 (c) and (d].
- Teams for SGC will not be cleared to contest unless the Team meets the conditions in Article 31, 32 and 51(4) of the KUSA Constitution (Revised 2021).
DR. DANIEL OYOO
CHAIRMAN, KUSA ELECTORAL COMMISSION - 2023