Kenyatta University through its Division of Research, Innovation and Outreach provides international students and individual researchers/groups and organizations the environment and opportunity to affiliate with us for the purpose of conducting research in Kenya.
2.0 Seeking Affiliation to Kenyatta University.
The National Commission for Science, Technology and Innovation (NACOSTI) requires that any person seeking to conduct research in Kenya must apply for and obtain a research permit. View NACOSTI guidelines
Affiliation with a Kenyan research institution is mandatory for applicants in institutions outside Kenya including Kenyans registered in institutions outside Kenya. Therefore prior to receiving a research permit, an applicant whose original university of affiliation is outside Kenya must have applied for and received affiliation to a Kenyan university.
Applicants seeking affiliation will:
1. Write an application for affiliation letter to the Vice-Chancellor through the Deputy Vice Chancellor Research, Innovation and Outreach
2. Fill in the RIO 1 (affiliation) form.
3. Provide letter of introduction and support from the researcher’s home University, signed by the relevant administrative officer or supervisor.
4. Provide a copy of research proposal.
5. Specify a Department at Kenyatta University to which the applicant wishes to be affiliated.
6. Provide evidence of payment of affiliation application fee*.
7. The documents submitted will be duly processed and forwarded for consideration to the University Management Board. The University Management Board reserves the right to give or decline affiliation.
8. If the affiliation is granted, you will be advised to proceed and make payment for the affiliation fees which vary according to the duration of the affiliation.
*The affiliation application fee is non-refundable.