- Cheptoek, R. P., Gitari, H. I., Mochoge, B., Kisaka, O. M., Otieno, E., Maitra, S., Nasar, J., & Seleiman, M. F. (2021). Maize productivity, economic returns and phosphorus use efficiency as influenced by lime, minjingu rock phosphate and NPK inorganic fertilizer. International Journal of Bioresource Science, 08, 47–60. https://doi.org/10.30954/2347-9655.01.2021.7
- Mugwe, J., Ngetich, F., & Otieno, E. O. (2019). Integrated Soil Fertility Management in Sub-Saharan Africa: Evolving Paradigms Toward Integration. In F. ALeal (Ed.), Encyclopedia of the UN Sustainable Development Goals. Zero Hunger (eds, pp. 28–50). Springer Nature Switzerland.
- Mugwe, J., & Otieno, E. O. (2021). Integrated Soil Fertility Management Approaches for Climate Change Adaptation, Mitigation, and Enhanced Crop Productivity BT - Handbook of Climate Change Management: Research, Leadership, Transformation. In W. Leal Filho, J. Luetz, & D. Ayal (Eds.), Handbook of Climate Change Management (pp. 1–22). Springer International Publishing. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-22759-3_325-1
- Otieno, E., Kipchirchir, F., Kiboi, M. N., & Muriuki, A. (2021). Tillage system and integrated soil fertility inputs improve smallholder farmers ’ soil fertility and maize productivity in the Central Highlands of Kenya. Journal of Agriculture and Rural Development in the Tropics and Subtropics, 122(2), 159–171. https://doi.org/https://doi.org/10.17170/kobra-202107134319
- Otieno, E. O., Gweyi, J. O., & Oduor, N. O. (2022). Revolutionizing Crops and Soil Resources’ Resilience to Climate Change: A Case for Best-Fit Agronomic Practices in Low and High Input Systems. Agriculture, Livestock Production and Aquaculture, 15–31. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-93262-6_2
- Otieno, E. O., Kiboi, M. N., Gian, N., Muriuki, A., Musafiri, C. M., & Ngetich, F. K. (2021). Uptake of integrated soil fertility management technologies in heterogeneous smallholder farms in sub-humid tropics. Environmental Challenges, 5(November). https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2021.100394
- Otieno, E. O., Mburu, D. M., Ngetich, F. K., Kiboi, M. N., Fliessbach, A., & Lenga, F. K. (2023). Effects of different soil management strategies on fertility and crop productivity in acidic nitisols of Central Highlands of Kenya. Environmental Challenges, 11, 100683 Contents. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.envc.2023.100683
- The 17ᵗʰ JKUAT Scientific, Technological and Industrialization Conference held from 23-24 March 2023 held in Kenya.Theme: Leveraging Higher Education Research and Innovation for Sustainable Development;
Otieno EO., Mburu DM., Ngetich FK., Kiboi MN., Fliessbach A., & Lenga FK.: Effects of different soil management strategies on fertility and crop productivity in acidic nitisols of central highlands of Kenya.
- South Eastern Kenya University: 1st Research and Innovation Week held from November 14th -18th 2022.Theme: Transformational Research in the ASALs;
- Mugwe JN., Kamau, CN., Otieno EO., Kifuko-Koech MN., Ndung’u-Magiroi KW. & Mucheru-Muna, MW.: Determinants of Intensity of Use of Integrated Soil Fertility Management Practices in Semi-Arid Areas of Tharaka Nithi County, Kenya.
- Nkatha F., Mucheru-Muna MN, Kamau CN., Otieno EO. & Mugwe JN,: Influence of household socio-economic factors on the magnitude of soil fertility gradients in Tharaka-Nithi county, Kenya.
- The 4th MWECAU International Conference held in Tanzania held from 25 to 29 July 2022.Theme: Climate-Smart Solutions for Tropical Mountain Environments: Research, Innovation and Policy for Building Inclusive and Resilient Societies;
- Mugwe JN., Otieno EO., Mucheru-Muna MW., Kamau CN., Kifuko-Koech MN., Ndung’u-Magiroi KW. & Mogaka, H.: Soil fertility inputs improve yields of sorghum and green grams in arid and semi-arid agroecological zone of Tharaka-Nithi County, Kenya.
- Otieno EO., Mucheru-Muna MW., Kifuko-Koech MN., Kamau CN., Ndung’u-Magiroi KW., Mugwe JN., & Mogaka H.: State-of-the-art of strategic research in the domain of secondary nutrients, micronutrients, liming and 4R in sub-Saharan Africa: A review.
- Kifuko-Koech MN., Ndung’u-Magiroi KW., Chepngetich JW., Kemboi E., Boiwa M., Njoroge R., Mucheru-Muna MW., Kamau, CN., Otieno EO, Mugwe JN.: balanced nutrition and liming for enhanced growth and yield of irish potatoes (Solanum tuberosum L.) in acidic soils of North Rift Kenya.
- The 4th International Conference on Global Food Security held from 7-9th December 2020.
Otieno EO., Ngetich FK., Milka MN., Muriuki A., Mugendi DN. & Adamtey N.: Determinants of integrated soil fertility management practices uptake in heterogeneous smallholder farms in upper Eastern Kenya.
- The 4th Dedan Kimathi University of Technology International Conference on Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship held from 7th–9th November, 2018. Theme: ‘Leveraging Science, Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship for Sustainable Development.’
Otieno EO., Ngetich FK., Milka MN., Muriuki A., Mugendi DN. & Adamtey N.: Short-Term Assessment of Potential of Integrated Soil Fertility Management Technologies to Improve Soil Fertility in Tharaka-Nithi and Murang’a Counties, Kenya
- Second Annual University of Kabianga International Conference held on 9th and 10th May, 2018. Theme: ‘Ethical Sustainable Development for the Betterment of Humanity’’
Otieno EO., Ngetich FK., Milka MN., Muriuki A., Mugendi DN. & Adamtey N.: Integrated soil nutrient management technologies for improved maize (Zea mays L.) productivity in Murang’a and Tharaka-Nithi counties, Kenya.
- The 12th Egerton University International Conference held from 27th – 29th March, 2018
Theme: ‘Knowledge Solutions for the Society, the Economy and the Environment; Otieno EO., Ngetich FK., Milka MN., Muriuki A., Mugendi DN. & Adamtey N.: Characterizing decomposability of organic inputs under farmer-managed conditions in the Central Highlands of Kenya.
Trainings And Workshops
- The Book Publishing Process: An Elsevier Author Workshop held on Wednesday 03 June, 2020.
- Virtual Training on Data Management, Analysis and Scientific Writing held from 5th to 15th September, 2020.
- A 5-day virtual training on Econometrics modelling using STATA from 28th June - 2nd July 2021.
- Training on Statistical Data Analysis for Post Graduate Students and Staff using R Programming Language held between 7th - 19th February 2022.
- Summer School in Sustainable Natural Resources Management (NRM), held from 12-26th June, 2022 at the Makerere University, School of Agricultural Sciences in partnership with Leibniz Universität Hannover, Germany and funded by the Volkswagen Foundation.
- Programme for the LCEFoNs Workshop on Experimental Design and Modelling held from 20th to 22nd June, 2023 at Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
- Masters scholarship funded by Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme); Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) for providing financial support (Grant No. 400540_152224) through the Organic Resource Management for Soil Fertility project headed by Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (FiBL)
- Awarded RUFORUM Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) Scholarship
- ORM4Soil funded by Research on Global Issues for Development (r4d programme); Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) for providing financial support (Grant No. 400540_152224) through the Organic Resource Management for Soil Fertility.
- Balanced Nutrition for Management of Soil Acidity and Nutrients Deficiency for Sustained Agricultural Productivity funded by Kenya Climate Smart Agriculture (KCSAP), Applied Research.