- Kimunio, I. and Maingi, S.W. (2022), "A Markov regime-switching (MS) approach to modeling the effects of fiscal policies and COVID-19 pandemic on tourism destination competitiveness in Kenya", Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Insights, ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JHTI-09-2021-0245
- Kimunio, I.K., Muniu, J.M. & Kinuthia, B.K . Foreign-owned banks and their impact on Kenya’s financial stability. SN Bus Econ1, 18 (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s43546-020-00019-4
- Kinuthia, I. K., & Etyang, M. N. (2014). Stock Market Liberalization, Stock Market Performance and Economic Growth in Kenya. International Journal of Economics and Finance, 6(4), 196-209. https://doi.org/10.5539/ijef.v6n4p196
- Kimunio, I. K. (2021). Risk-Weighted Capital Regulations and Bank Risk-Taking Behaviour: Evidence from Kenya. African Economic Research Consortium (AERC).
- Conference paper presentation titled “CENTRAL BANKS ROLE IN THE COVID-19 CRISIS: EVIDENCE FROM KENYA” presented in the 5th International Business Research and Industrial Conference (IBRIC) hosted by the School of Business, Economics and Tourism – Kenyatta University on 22nd and 23rd June, 2023 under the theme: Strategic Business Innovations and Policies for Sustainable Social and Economic Development.
- AERC-IDRC Inclusive Finance for Fragile and Post Conflict Contexts/States in Africa, held on October 27, 2022, in Nairobi, Kenya at the Trademark Hotel
- Kenyatta University Women’s Economic Empowerment Hub 1st International Conference held on 6th - 8th July 2022 at the International Languages and Culture Centre (ICLC) at Kenyatta University. The broad theme of the conference was ‘’Women Economic Empowerment in the 21st Century: What Works?”
African Economic Research Consortium (AERC) Research Grant
- Successfully received a grant of US$10,000 to write a high-quality paper on “Risk-weighted capital regulation and bank risk-taking behavior: evidence from Kenya”, to be presented at the AERC-SOAS Conference on 8-9 September 2021.
International Committee for the Development of Peoples (CISP) Grant
- Successfully received a grant from CISP on implementing the project “Nobody Shall be Left Out”, A project on training and research to improve the policies which should ensure equitable, sustainable and inclusive Human Development in Kenya.
- Training of trainers (TOT) by CISP and university of Pavia Italy workshop on Human Development conducted by Prof. Chiappero on the 22nd and 23rd February 2023.
- Kenya Jobs and Inclusive Growth Forum held on Monday, June 12, 2023 at Mercure Nairobi Upper Hill
- “How to publish your research with Routledge” by the Association of African Universities and Taylor and Francis Group on Thursday, June 15th, 2023
- “How to make your research publishable: Avoiding rejection” by Taylor and Francis Group on Thursday, February 9th, 2023
- Made a presentation during the AERC-SOAS Inclusive Financial Services Policy Platform on 8th - 9th September 2021
- Sustainability and Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) Disclosures Seminar By The Kenya Bankers Association and World Wide Fund Kenya (WWF-Kenya) Theme: promoting a sustainable financial services sector for economic growth and development in Kenya held on 13th April to 15th April 2023
- The Task Force on Nature-Related Financial Disclosures (TNFD) Secretariat in partnership with KBA through its Sustainable Finance Initiative webinar on 31st May 2023 at 2:30pm to 3:30pm on the implication of TNFD on Banks.