Dr. Mwiathi Peter Silas lectures in the Department of Economic Theory, School of Economics, Kenyatta University. He has a Ph.D(Economics), MA (Economics) and BA (Economics and Business Studies) - First Class Honours, from KenyattaUniversity. Currently, he is the Departmental Examinations Coordinator. Priorto joining Kenyatta University, he worked with the Ministry of Planning, National Development and Vision 2030 as anEconomist where he acquired vast experience on national development planning among others. Dr. Mwiathi has research interest in Public Sector Economics (Fiscal Decentralization), Fiscal Policy, International Economic (Regional Integration) and Development Planning.
PhD (Economics), Specialization (Fiscal Decentralization), Kenyatta University, 2017
MA (Economics), Kenyatta University, 2008
BA (Economics (Major) and Business Studies (minor)), Kenyatta University, 2004
Membership in Professional Societies
- KAAD Association of Scholars from East Africa (KASEA)
- Society of KASEA (SOK)
- Economists Society of Kenya (ESK)
- Mwangi, R.W., and Silas, P.M. (2020). Credit Access and Performance of Micro and Small Enterprises in Nakuru County, Kenya. IAR J Bus Mng, 1(3), 163-170.
- Cheboi, A.K., Silas, P.M. (2020). Inflation, Balance of Payments and Exchange Rate in Kenya. IAR J Huma Soc Sci .1(3) 180-185.
- Silas, P.M., Wawire, N. H. W., and Onono, P.(2018). Effects of Fiscal Decentralization on Poverty Reduction in Kenya. International Journal for Innovation Education and Research, 6(1),213-230.
- Mwiathi, P.S., Wawire, N. H. W., Onuonga. S.M.(2008). “Determinants of Adoption ofOrganic Farming by Maize Farmers in Meru South District” International Journal of AfroAsian Studies. Volume 1 Number 1: Spring 2008:108 – 118
Recent Projects and consultancies
2018 Review of the second basis and preparation of the third basis for revenue sharing among county governments in Kenya. Commission on Revenue Allocation (CRA).