Dr. Elizabeth Jerop Katam
Name:Elizabeth Jerop Katam
Elizabeth J. Katam is a specialised in curriculum studies. She has vast experience in teaching curriculum related content from diploma to postgraduate level. Recently involved in editing and formatting TVET CDACC occupational standards and competency based curricula. Also, successfully edited the curriculum for the university diploma, undergraduates and postgraduates units for curriculum studies to conform to the CUE guidelines in order to align with the 21 st century needs and the demands to spur economic development. Currently I supervise post graduate students which involve a critical scrutiny of their written reports to conform to the stipulated Kenyatta university standards by checking on cohesion, grammar, spellings and the general layout. Further, I have also edited academic projects and thesis for educational psychology in the university.
- Katam, E. J. (2020). Dynamics in the Implementation of Competency Based Curriculum in Lower Primary Schools and Implications on Learning in Kenya. Journal of Popular Education in Africa October, November & December 2020, Volume 4, Number 10, 11 & 12 ISSN 2523-2800.
-Elizabeth J. Katam (2019).Exploring Utilization of Instructional among Public Lower Primary Schools in Four Selected Districts in Kenya. The Cradle of Knowledge: African Journal of Educational and Social Science Research Volume 7 No.3, 2019 ISSN 2304-2885-p, 2617-7315-e
- Elizabeth J. Katam. (2020).Teachers Resistance to Competence Based Curriculum Reforms in the Lower Primary Schools in Uasin-Gishu County. Paper Presented at Mwenge Catholic University, Moshi, Tanzania. (2020).
-Elizabeth J. Katam. (2019).Exploring Utilization of Instructional among Public Lower Primary Schools in Four Selected Districts in Kenya – Sub Theme: Education And Training. Paper presented at Egerton University, Kenya. (2019). The Cradle of Knowledge: African Journal of Educational and Social Science Research Volume 7 No.3, 2019 ISSN 2304-2885-p, 2617-7315-e
- Elizabeth J. Katam ( 2019).Exploring Teachers Utilization of Instructional Materials in Improving Pupils Literacy and Numeracy Skills among Public Lower Primary Schools in Four Selected Districts In Kenya. International Conference on Education. Conference Theme-“Re-Engineering Education for Sustainable Development (2015).
- Elizabeth J. Katam & Samson I . Kariuki (2019). Learner Centred Classrooms in Large Class Size For 21st Century Teacher in University. A Discussion Paper: 2017. The 4th International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning (5th -6 th October 2017) School Of Education, Kenyatta University, Kenya. (2017).
- Elizabeth J. Katam. (2012).Children’s Right to Education, Insecurity and the Legal Framework in Kenya. 1st International Conference on Education; Theme: Education Reforms and Innovation in Enhancing Quality and Equity. 20th-22nd February, 2012.Kenyatta University.
- Elizabeth J. Katam.( 2005). Cattle rustling and its implication of Education Performance in Kerio Valley.