- Green Economy and Sustainable diets
- Pro-poor low cost Water supply and Sanitation technologies
- Ecological sanitation
- Climate change, Earth sciences and water resources Engineering
- Sustainable wastewater and Solid waste Management
1. Articles in refereed journals
- Fidelis N. Kilonzo, L.J.Kibet Data Test and Pre-Treatment for Hydrological Modelling and Applications Journal of Engineering in Agriculture and the Environment (JEAE), VOLUME 8. NO 1. 2022
- Halidini Sarakikya, Peter Mashingo, Fidelis Kilonzo, Design and Computational Fluid Dynamics Modelling for a Municipal Solid Waste Incineration Process, Open Journal of Fluid Dynamics, 2021, 11, 177-191
- Fidelis N. Kilonzo, Winnie M. K., Joyce W. K., Juliana K., Daniel K., Catherine M., and Scholastica M., (2020) Wastewater Reuse For Urban And Peri-Urban Agriculture: Why It's Not Happening Soon? Journal of Engineering in Agriculture and the Environment (JEAE), Volume 6. No 2 pg .32-40
- Sarakikya, H.; Kilonzo, F.; Gumbe, L, Kiplagat, J., (2020) Prediction Of Temperature And Flue Gases For The Incineration Process Using Mathematical Modeling And Computer Simulation, Journal of Engineering in Agriculture and the Environment (JEAE), Volume 6. No 2 pg .1-11.
- Tadesse A., F. Kilonzo, A. van Grinsven, and W. Bauwens, (2017) Evaluation and application of alternative rainfall data sources for forcing hydrologic models in the Mara Basin, Hydrology Research.
- Kilonzo F., F. O. Masese, A. Van Griensven, W. Bauwens, J. Obando, and P. N.L. Lens, (2014). Spatial-temporal variability in water quality and macro-invertebrate assemblages in the upper Mara river basin, Kenya, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 67-69,93-104.
- Kilonzo F., U. Mutwiwa, S. Mutua, and M. Waweru, (2012). Evaluating the use of Constructed Wetland in the Treatment of Tannery Wastewater, Kenya Science, Technology and Innovation Journal.
- Kilonzo F., Van Griensven A., Obando J., and Bauwens W, (2012). Using Cluster and Averaging technique to improve model performance in data poor catchments, Centre International Capacity Development (CICD) Series (ISSN 1868-8578)
- Van Griensven A., P. Ndomba, S. Yalew, and F. Kilonzo, (2012) Critical review of the application of SWAT in the upper Nile Basin countries. Hydrol. Earh Syst. Sci, 16, 3371-3381
- Coetsiers, M., F. Kilonzo, and K. Walraevens; (2008). Hydrochemistry and source for high Fluoride in groundwater of the Nairobi area, Kenya, Hydrological Sciences (IAHS) 53(6) pg 1230-1240
- Daniel Kyalo Willy, Fidelis Kilonzo and Juliana Kiio, (2020) Who Cares? Consumer Attitudes and Purchase Decisions on Peri-Urban Agricultural Commodities in the Absence of Information Asymmetry: in Kiio and Njuguna 2020 (eds) Food Safety, from Farm to Fork: Emerging and Re-emerging Issues, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, ISBN (10): 1-5275-5583-6 ISBN (13): 978-1-5275-5583-9.
- Kiio Juliana, Kilonzo Fidelis, Kyalo Daniel, Muui Catherine and MathengeScholastica (2020) Potential for Wastewater Re-Use in Urban and Peri-Urban Agriculture to Mitigate Household Food Insecurity in Nairobi, Kenya: in Kiio and Njuguna 2020 (eds) Food Safety, from Farm to Fork: Emerging and Re-emerging Issues, Cambridge Scholars Publishing, ISBN (10): 1-5275-5583-6 ISBN (13): 978-1-5275-5583-9.
- Kilonzo, F.N., 2014. Assessing the Impacts of Environmental Changes on the Water Resources of the Upper Mara, Lake Victoria Basin, CRC Press/Balkema, ISBN 9781138026384
3. Presentation of papers at Academic and professional conferences
- Outcome based engineering education: A case for Environmental, Biological and Agricultural Engineers - KESEBAE 2022 conference, UoN Towers, 6-9 Dec 2022
- The Changing Environment for the Engineering Profession, KESEBAE 2021 conference
- End of the traditional engineering professional: Changing face in engineering education, 28th IEK conference, 2021, PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort, Mombasa, Kenya.
- Paradigm shift in Linking engineering with the roots; Engineering the Food security agenda, 27th IEK International Conference, 24th to 27th November 2020, PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort, Mombasa, Kenya
- Feeding city population on dying waters, how can we move into the future?" 22nd International conference on Environmental indicators (ICEI2017), 1-5 August 2017, Helsinki, Finland.
- Quantity or Quality? Threats from land cover changes on water resources of the Mara River basin, 3 rd International Water Association (IWA) development congress, 14-17 November 2013, Nairobi, Kenya.
- Evaluation of a modified septic tank system optimized for effluent re-use in Agriculture, paper presented at the 3 rd International Water Association (IWA) development congress, 14-17 November 2013, Nairobi, Kenya
- Food production systems and the farmers' adaptive capacity to Climate Change in the Upper Mara River Basin, Kenya, paper presented at the 3rd Lake Victoria Basin Scientific conference, 22-23 Oct, 2012, Entebbe, Uganda.
- Spatio-temporal variation in water quality of the upper Mara River basin, paper presented at the WaterNet/ Symposium, 31 Oct- 2 Nov, 2012, Johannesburg, South Africa.
- Kilonzo F., A. Van Griensven and W. Bauwens, (2012) Distributed validation of hydrological model using field and remotely sensed data in Sepplet et al., (eds): Managing resources of a limited planet: pathways and visions under uncertainty, Sixth Biennial meeting, Leipzig Germany, International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (iEMSs).
- Selecting a Potential Evapotranspiration method (PET) in the absence of Essential climatic input data, paper presented at the SWAT International Conference 14-17 June, 2011, Toledo, Spain,
- Improving model predictive capacity in poorly gauged catchments, paper presented at the LAKE AND CATCHMENT RESEARCH SYMPOSIUM (LARS2011) conference, 14-18 March, 2011, Nairobi, Kenya