- Ako, E. O., Thoruwa, T.F.N., Maingi S.M. and Njagi,E.M. Performance of a 2-Element Plane Reflector Augmented Galvanised Pipe Flat Plate Collector for Solar Water Pasteurisation, Journal of Food Technology 7 (1): 12- 19, 2009 ISSN: 1684-8462, Medwel Publishing
- Guezennec, F., Ako, E. O., Blackburn T., Bürer M. and Fornas T. (2019) :Multi-Stakeholder partnerships to deliver on the SDGs in the Mont Kenya region Sustainable Development Solution Network: A Global Initiative for United Nations, 2019 Publication
- Susan A. M., Thoruwa, T. N., Lang’at N. K. and Ako E. O. Performance of an Integrated Solar-Greenhouse Photovoltaic Ventilated Dryer with Clay-CaCl2 Energy Storage Desiccants for Tomato Drying American Journal of Energy Engineering Vol. 9, No. 2, 2021, pp. 19-29. Doi 10
- Chamdimba, H. B, Mugagga G. R. and Ako, Elias: Prospects and Constraints to Attaining Universal Access to Modern Energy in Malawi: A Review International Journal of Sustainable and Green Energy Volume 10, Issue 1, March 2021, Pages: 19-27 Received: Feb. 3, 2021; Accepted: Feb. 10, 2021; Published: Feb. 26, 2021. 11648/j.ajee.20210902.11
- Chamdimba H. B., Mugagga G. R. and Ako, E. O.: Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation through Anaerobic Digestion of Urban Waste in Malawi: A Review Journal of Energy Research and Reviews 4(4): 44-57, 2020; Article no.JENRR.56029ISSN: 2581-8368
- Muriithi Zacharia, Ako Elias, Kiplagat Jeremiah, Maingi Simon and Luke Omondi Olang Assessment of land cover changes in lake Olbolsat region of the central Kenyan highlands using Landsat Satellite Imagery aided by indigenous knowledge Journal of Biodiversity Management and Forestry 2013, 2:2 Sci. Techno
Selected Workshop and Conferences
- 11th – 14th May 2011 – Capacity Assessment for East Africa Community Regional Strategy on Scaling up Access to
Modern Energy Services – Kigali, Rwanda.
- 6th June– 26th July 2011 – International Training Workshop on Solar Energy Application, Lanzhou City, China
- 28th May – 30th June, 2011 – International Conference on Solar Energy Applications Gansu Natural Energy Centre, China
- 2nd September - 4th September 2011 – Stakeholders Workshop on Potential of Small and Micro Hydropower
Development in Kenya.
- 2nd July – 28th July, 2012 - International Training Workshop on Small Hydropower Technology, Hangzhou, China
- 27th -28th May 2013 Workshop on Appropriate Technology for the 21st Century: Sustainable Development in Africa. Review paper on Solar Water Pasteurization Techniques
- 10th -25th February 2014 Regional Workshop for East Africa Energy Stake Holders
- 25th – 29th November 2014 6th International Conference on Appropriate Technology, Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- 21st – 22nd November 2016 Solar cells and LEDs Training Workshop Kenyatta University Conference Centre.
- 4th -5th April 2017 Africa Renewable Energy Leaders' Summit (ARELS) 2017 – Solar and Hydropower Energy Panellist
- 19-21st March 2018 Sustainable Energy Forum for East Africa, Kigali Rwanda
- 5th October – 13th December 2018 and 7th to 15th April 2019 – Training of trainers Workshop on Renewable Energy
and Model of Universities of Applied Sciences in Germany – Ingolstadt Technical University of Applied Sciences
- 1st October – 31st December 2020 – Visiting Researcher at Ingolstadt Technical University of Applied Sciences THI – research at the institute of New Energy Systems (Germany)