Dr. Lucy Kathuri-Ogola
Title/Qualifications: Ph.D, M.Sc , B.Ed
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-9778-8839
Google Scholar ID: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=FwDtAhUAAAAJ&hl=en
Community based learning, Family Caregiving, HIV and AIDS prevention, care and treatment, youth and development, gender dynamics and violence, Aging, Project management, Reproductive health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Innovation and Sustainable development, governance.
- Njuguna, C., Gikandi, J., Ogola, L., & Muriithi, J. (2020). Social Media as a Battleground for Electoral Violence among Netizens in Africa: The Case of Kenyan Youth. East African Journal of Arts and Social Sciences, 2(1), 104-115. https://doi.org/10.37284/eajass.2.1.209
- Shihundu, DA, Kathuri-Ogola, L, Waudo, J & Koinange, W 2019 Relationship between the type of psychosocial support available in the community and psychosocial well-being of children affected by HIV and AIDS in Kiambu County, Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology ISSN 2412-0294 Vol IV Issue XI, November 2019 pp 84-94.
- Shihundu, DA, Kathuri-Ogola, L, Waudo, J & Koinange, W 2019 Relationship between care provided by foster families and psychosocial well-being of children affected by HIV and AIDS in Kiambu County, Kenya. International Journal of Social Sciences and Information Technology ISSN 2412-0294 Vol IV Issue X, October 2019 pp.128-141
Kabaria-Muriithi, J Kathuri-Ogola, L and Njue, J.R. 2018 Family Life Education in Kenya. In Robila, M and Taylor, A. (Eds) Global Perspectives on Family Life Education. Book chapter Springer.
Muriithi, JA, VanLeeuwen, C, Kathuri-Ogola, L & Weeks, LE. 2018 Expectations of field supervisors: Implications for community-based human service practicums. Gateways: International Journal of Community Research and Engagement, vol. 11, no. 1, May 2018 pp. XX–XX doi: 10.5130/ijcre.v11i1.5439.
- VanLeeuwen, C., Kathuri-Ogola, L., Weeks, L.E., and Kabaria-Muriithi, J., (2018). Getting Ready for Community Practice: An Evidence-Based Preparation Course for Kenyan Practicum Students. Family and Consumer Sciences Research Journal. Vol. 46, No. 3, March 2018 238–251 DOI: 10.1111/fcsr.12248 © 2018 American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences.
- Njuguna, C., Ngige, L., Ogola, L., and Wainaina J., (2017). Determinants of Livelihood Outcomes Differentials among Urban Youth in Nairobi, Kenya. Journal of Research on Humanities and Social Sciences. Vol 7, No 13. ISSN (Paper)2224-5766 ISSN (Online)2225-0484.
- Kathuri-Ogola, L., VanLeeuwen, C., Kabaria-Muriithi, J., & Weeks, L. E. Kieru, J., Ndayala, P. (2015). Supervision challenges encountered during Kenyan university students’ practicum attachment. Journal of Education and Practice, 6(17), 111-117.
- Kathuri-Ogola, L.N., Mugenda, O. and Kerre., F. (2014). Challenges Faced and the Coping Strategies Adopted by Family Caregivers in Dealing with People Living with HIV/AIDS in Thika District, Central Province, Kenya. The International Journal of Humanities and Social Science(IJHSS) 4(6): 184-193. © Center for Promoting Ideas, USA, 2014 (ISSN: 2220-8488 (Print), 2221-0989 (Online)).
- Kathuri-Ogola L.N., Mugenda O. and Kerre, F.P., 2013, Care Provision Challenges and Capacity Enhancement of Family Caregivers Of People Living With HIV And AIDS in Thika District, African Journal of Applied Human Sciences (AJAHS) (ISSN:2070-917X)
- Kathuri-Ogola L.N., Mugenda O. and Kerre, F.P., 2012, The Socio-Demographic Characteristics and Their Effects on the Adaptation Levels of Family Caregivers of PLWHA in Thika District, Kenya, Journal of Emerging Trends in Economics and Management Sciences (JETEMS) 3(4):367-374, ISSN:2141-7024
- Attended an International Conference on Education on Re-Engineering Education for Sustainable Development in Nairobi, Kenya at Kenyatta University from 18th to 20th May, 2015
- Attended the Professional development for improved teaching practice seminar in Nairobi, Kenya at Kenyatta University from on from 27th to 29th May, 2013.
- Attended the Violence prevention Capacity Development & Training Programme workshop in South Africa at University of the Witwatersrand from 25th Nov to 6th Dec 2013.
- Attended the school of Applied Human Sciences training on performance contracting at Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya on 3rd December, 2012.
- Attended the AAU-EASRN TOT workshop on HIV mainstreaming and integration into curriculum at Kenyatta University, Nairobi Kenya from 25th to 26th September, 2012.
- Attended the Open access and Institutional repository workshop at the Kenya School of Monetary studies in Nairobi, Kenya from 29th to 30th August 2012.
- Attended the social sciences and HIV/AIDS: A Research and Policy International Conference by the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) in Abidjan, Cote de Voire in June 2008.
- Attended Research Methodology Training at the OSSREA research methodology training Institute in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia from 9th to 20th October, 2006.
- Attended the Towards a political Economy of patients welfare and rights review conference by the Council for the Development of Social Science Research in Africa (CODESRIA) in Lilongwe, Malawi in March 2005.
- Kabaria-Muriithi,J Kathuri-Ogola, L., and J Njue, J.R. Family, Community and Societal Contexts of Gender-Based Violence in Kenya: An Analysis of 2015-2017 Print Media Reports Ft. Worth, Texas, USA Paper presented at the 2019 National Conference on Family Relations annual conference, November 20-23, 2019. Travel Grant
- Njue, J.R Kathuri-Ogola, L, and Kabaria-Muriithi, J. Assessing Critical Thinking Skills in Solving Ethical Dilemma Using Domains of Family Practice Model in CFLE Approved Professional Development Course Ft. Worth, Texas, USA Paper presented at the 2019 National Conference on Family Relations annual conference, November 20-23, 2019. Same as above
- Kathuri-Ogola, L., Kabaria-Muriithi, J., Njue, J.R.Caregiver Resilience and Social Support for Family Caregivers of PLWHIV in Kenya. Cape Town, South Africa.Presented at the Pathways to resilience: Global South Perspectives Conference 14-16th June 2017.
- Njue, J.R. Kathuri-Ogola, L., and Kabaria-Muriithi, J Pathways to Resiliency: Mapping Family, Community and Societal Challenges and Strengths in Coping with Domestic Violence in Kenya Cape Town, South Africa. Presented at the Pathways to resilience: Global South Perspectives Conference 14-16th June 2017.
- Kabaria-Muriithi, J Njue, J.R. and Kathuri-Ogola, L.Resilience and Social support Networks of Kenyan Women Survivors of Intimate Partner Violence in Shelter Homes. Cape Town, South Africa.
Presented at the Pathways to resilience: Global South Perspectives Conference 14-16th June 2017.
- Kathuri-Ogola, L., & Jane Rose Njue, A Strengths Based Approach to Family Caregiving of People living with HIV & AIDS (PLWHA) in Kenya. Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA. Presented at the 2016 NCFR annual conference
November, 3, 2016.
- Charlene A. Vanleeuwen, Lucy Kathuri-Ogola, Joan Kabaria Muriithi & Lori E. Weeks Enhancing the Learning Experiences of Kenyan University Students During Practicum Attachments. Nairobi, Kenya Presented at the 3rd International Annual Conference on Education and Lifelong Learning 6th - 7th October, 2016.
- VanLeeuwen, C.A., Kathuri-Ogola, L., Kabaria-Muriithi, J., Weeks, L. E. Enhancing the Learning Experiences of Kenyan University Students during Practicums. Ottawa, ON, Canada Presented at the Canadian Association for Studies in International Development Conference June, 2015.
- Kathuri-Ogola L, Muriithi J, VanLeeuwen C, and Weeks LW Challenges Encountered by Field Supervisors of Kenyan University Students’ Undertaking Practicum Attachment Nairobi, Kenya Presented at the International Conference on Education on Re-Engineering Education for Sustainable Development, 18th to 20th May, 2015.
- Kathuri-Ogola L, Kabaria-Muriithi J, Ndayala P and Kieru J From Replication to Analysis; Experiences from Community Resource Management and Extension department. Baddeck, Cape Breton Island, Nova Scotia, Canada Presented at the Family Science Association conference on Innovative Student Assessment and Evaluation Procedures in Canada.14th -15th June 2012.
- Kathuri-Ogola L, Mugenda O and Kerre F.PEffects of care provision and needs of Family Caregivers of People Living with HIV and AIDS in Kenya. Mombasa, Kenya. Presented at the First Pan-African Family Strengths International Conference
20th -24th July 2010.
- Kathuri-Ogola L, HIV and AIDS: The Challenges and coping of Family Caregivers of PLWHA in Thika District, Kenya. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Presented at the social sciences and HIV/AIDS in Africa: New insights and policy perspectives conference November 2006
- Kathuri-Ogola L,Policy Focus: The Challenges and coping of Family Caregivers of PLWHA in Thika District, Kenya. Doula, Cameroon CODESRIA initiative on the social sciences and HIV/AIDS research and policy Dialogue programme.