Dr. Philip Kilonzo Ondere
Qualification: B.ED(Arts); M.A (HISTORY); PhD (HISTORY)
Identity Politics in Kenya
Gender Relations in African History
Non-state Actors and governance
Gender and Politics
- Ondere, P.K. 2022:Congestion, Conflicts and Urban Politics; Understanding the 2017 Post election Violence in Nairobi Slums.Editon Consortium Journal of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences, (ECJAHSS) Volume: 04 Issue: 01, March-2022.
- Ondere, P.K., Margret Wambui Kenyatta; A Biography., another world global east Africa, www.GlobalEastAfrica.org, 2020
- Ondere, P.K., Social Anthropology: What Future for African Historians?, Kenyatta University, Department of History, Archaeology and Political Studies, 2015.
- P.K. Ondere: Gender and Identity Politics in Kenya; The 2022 Pre-elections experience British Institute in Eastern Africa November, 2022 Kenya’s 2022 General Election: Continuity, Change And Lessons For Democracy Book Project, Funded by Codesria
- P.K. Ondere: Gender and Identity Politics in Kenya; Lessons on the Critical Engagement in Gender Equality Discourses THE TOYIN FALOLA AT 70 CONFERENCE, KENYATTA UNIVERSITY, NAIROBI, KENYA May 2023 (Ongoing Project)THE TOYIN FALOLA AT 70 CONFERENCE THEME: The Post-Colonial Africa; Historical and Contemporary Realities
- East Africa’s Global Lives (IFRA) Nairobi- Presented a biography of Margaret Kenyatta, 2019
- P. K Ondere, Understanding the 2017 Post Election Violence in Nairobi Slums,Nairobi, Kenya. December 6th -7th , 2018.British Institute in Eastern Africa
- P. K. Ondere, Congestion, Conflicts and Urban Politics; Understanding the 2017 Post Election Violence in Kawangware and Mathare Area 4 Slums in Nairobi.Nairobi, Kenya,25th -26th June 2019.The Catholic University of Eastern Africa and Chuka University Conference
- Training on Academic Staff on Use of Google Meet in Teaching and Learning, Kenyatta University, 14the October, 2020.
- International Webinar; Rethinking African Historical, Social and Cultural Scholarship During and After Covid-19; Challenges and Opportunities, 2:00 p.m., 23rd September, 2020
- British Institute of Eastern Africa Symposium November 2019; Beyond recognition: Postcolonial Relationality Across Difference Australian Research Council Discovery Indigenous Research Project @ Deakin University, ‘New Regimes of Recognition and Distribution? Identity politics in post-2010 Kenya.
- Archival Research Workshop (IFRA) Nairobi, 2019.
- M.A THESIS,2008-2013:The Role of Non- State actors in the Transformation of Urban Livelihood-A can UN- HABITAT in Kibera, 1963-2003.Kenyatta University Scholarship,1450 US Dollars
- P.K. ONDERE(PhD-ON-GOING),2018- to Date:Gender Dimensions in the Politics of Nairobi; 1963-2013,Kenyatta University Scholarship (Bond Form),6000 US Dollars
Administrative positions held to date
- Examination Co-coordinator, Department of History, Archaeology and Political Studies
- Teaching History Courses (Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes) at the Department of History, Archaeology and Political Studies
- Examine Invigilation
- Marking Examinations
- Writing and Vetting of Modules
- Teaching Practicum Supervisor, Nairobi County