Dr. Anne Anyango Ajulu-Okungu
Name:Dr. Anne Anyango Ajulu-Okungu
WORKSHOPS AND TRAINING PARTICIPATED AND ATTENDED.
- June 2015:The Annual Conference of African Literature Association, University Of Bayreuth, Germany, Presented a paper, “Abjection, Silence and Familial Relations in Abdulrazak Gurnah’s The Last Gift and Admiring Silence”
- July 2015: Attended a Summer School, at Universität Tübingen, Germany based on “Literatures of the Global South” and participated in the panel, “Gender and Genre” dealing with the place of the female artist in the global south academy.
- October 2014:Presented a poster entitled “Power and Sociality of Food and Drink in Abdulrazak Gurnah’s Dottie and Pilgrims Way” 6th Wits Cross Faculty Symposium of University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- March 2013:Research and writing workshop, migration studies, a social science perspective. The writing centre, Wartenweiller Library, East Campus, University of the Witwatersrand
- 2005-2006: Research enrichment workshops for postgraduate research students. Graduate School of Humanities, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
Power and Sociality of Food and Drink in the fiction of Abdulrazak Gurnah, East African Literary and Cultural Studies, July 2015.