Dr. Ruth Muthei James
- Telesia K. Musili, Gitome Josephine, Ruth M. James (2019), An Ethical Claim for Administration of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PREP) in HIV and AIDS Burdened Africa, AFRREV International Journal of Arts & Humanities Vol 8, No 3. ISSN: 2225-8590
- Ruth Muthei James (2003), Holistic Partnership: Women in Theology as a Sign of Hope, Africa Challenge: All Africa Journal of Theology Vol.1 No. 2
- “Factors that Render the Girl-Child Vulnerable to HIV/AIDS in Kenya” in Women, Religion and HIV/AIDS in Africa: Responding to Ethical And Theological Challenges T. Hinga (Eds), 2008 Cluster Publications, Pietermaritzburg, Pp. 2 – 20. ISBN 978-1-875053-69-8.
- “Socio-economic and Cultural Factors Influencing Women’s Reproductive Health In Kenya” In Contemporary Development Issues in Kenya. J. Shiundu et al (Eds), 2007 Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA) Kenya Chapter, Nairobi. Pp. 25-38. ISBN 9966-838-51-1
- “The Promotion of the ‘ABC’ of Sex in the Prevention of HIV/AIDS in Africa:Implications for Women” In People of Faith and the Challenge of HIV/AIDS. M.Oduyoye & E.Amoah (Eds), 2004, Sefer Books, Ibadan. Pp. 143 –170. ISBN 978-8059-12-0.
- “Women’s Participation in Church-Based Organizations” In Quests for Integrity In Africa.Wamue & M.Theuri (Eds), 2003, Acton Publishers, Nairobi.Pp.159-170. ISBN 9966-888-28-4
- “An Analysis of Apparent Conflict for Women in Some New Testament Themes” In Conflicts in Africa: A Women Response. M.Getui & H.Ayanga (Eds), 2002 Faith Institute of Counselling Publishers, Nairobi. Pp.23-35. ISBN 9966-9888-4-X
- “Impact of Cost-Sharing in Health and Education on Women’s Welfare” In Quests for Abundant Life in Africa. M.Getui & M. Theuri (Eds), 2002, Acton Publishers, Nairobi. Pp. 18-32. ISBN 9966-888-39-X
- “Emerging Gender Issues in Interfaith Relationships in Kenya: The Case of Christians and Muslims” In Christianity and Peoples of Other Faith Communities, A. Temple & J.Mbillah (Eds), 2001, AACC, Nairobi, Pp.62-73
- “Women’s Theological Education in Kenya” In Theology of Reconstruction:Exploratory Essays, M.Getui & E.Obeng (Eds), 1999, Acton Publishers, Nairobi, Pp. 107-119. ISBN 9966-888-01-2
- “The Church in Africa and Violence Against Women” In Violence Against Women: Reflections by Kenyan Women Theologians, M.Getui & G.Wamue (Eds), 1996, Acton Publishers, Nairobi, Pp 68-77. ISBN 9966-888-48-9
- 27th February 2020, Paper “Competency Based Curriculum (CBC) Coaching Program” at the Kenya Private School Association Kiambu County Conference.
- 22nd February 2020, Paper “Leading Change” at the Christian Union Student Leaders Summit, Kenyatta University.
- 9th February 2019, Paper “The Power and Place of Youth in Leadership” at the Christian Union Student Leaders Summit, Kenyatta University.
- 7th – 11th August 2013, Paper “Poverty and its Impact on Gender Relations: The case of Gender-based Violence Against Men in Central Province, Kenya” at the Circle of Concerned African Women Theologians Pan-African Conference in Kempton Park, South Africa
- 4th – 5th March 2011, Paper “Quality of the Educator with respect to Religious Studies” at Christ The Teacher Institute of Education, Tangaza University College, Nairobi.
- 5th - 6th March 2010, Paper “Overview of Paper Presentations” at the Symposium on Educational excellence organized by Christ the Teacher Institute for Education, Tangaza College, Nairobi
- 22nd- 24th March 2006, Paper “Socio- economic and Cultural Factors Influencing Women’s Reproductive Health in Kenya”, at the Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA) Kenya Chapter Annual Conference in Kakamega,
- 23rd – 30th March 2005, Paper “Resolving Conflicts in the Quest for Peace in African Instituted Churches: The Case of Women Founded Churches” at the XIX World Congress of the International Association for the History of Religions (IAHR), Tokyo, Japan. Theme: “Religion: Conflict and Peace”
- 4th –9th 2003, Paper “The Promotion of the ABC of Sex in the Prevention of HIV/AIDS in Africa: Implications for Women”: At the Institute of Women in Religion and Culture, Third Biennial Pan African Conference. Accra, Ghana.
- 4th –9th 2002, Paper “The Girl Child and HIV/AIDS in Kenya”: at the Circle of Concerned African Women Theologians Pan African Conference. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, on the Theme: “Sex, Stigma and HIV/AIDS: African Women Challenging Religion, Culture, and Social Practices”.
- 29TH July – 5th 2001, Paper “Violence in the Name of Culture and Religion”, at the Institute of Women in Religion and Culture Second Biennial Pan African Conference. Accra, Ghana, on the Theme: “Overcoming Violence: African Women of Faith Speak”
- 13th- 18th 2000, Paper “Emerging Gender Issues in Interfaith Relationships in Kenya: The Case of Christians and Muslims” at the All Africa Consultation on Christianity and Peoples of Other Faith Communities. Lome, Togo.
- 5th-12th 2000 Paper “The Impact of Culture and Religion on the Reproductive Health Rights of Women in Kenya”: at the XVIII World Congress of the International Association for The History of Religions (IAHR). Durban, South Africa.
- 27th November 2020, Paper “Decluttering the Mind” at the Harvesters Global Church Workshop.
- Factors Hindering the Participation of Women in Theological Education in Kenya. PhD Thesis, Department of Religious Studies, Kenyatta University, 2004
- A Theological Assessment of Women in Professional Church Ministry in Kenya: The cases of Roman Catholic, The Methodist and the Presbyterian Church of East Africa Churches. M.A. Thesis, Department of Religious Studies, Kenyatta University, 1993
- 2013: Research grant as a Co- Researcher for the project entitled, “Baseline Study on Knowledge, Attitude and Practices survey of Vitamin A and Iron & Folic Acid Supplementation in Kenya. Funded by the Government of Kenya.
- 2006 -2007: Post-Doctoral Project Research grant as Principal Investigator for the project entitled “Social, Economic and Cultural Determinants of Women’s Reproductive Health in Kitui and Mwingi Districts, Kenya” Funded by Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern Africa (OSSREA)
- 2001: Research grant as a Co- Researcher for the project entitled “The Impact of Culture and Religion on Women’s Reproductive Health in Selected Ethnic Communities in Kenya”. Funded by Catholics For Free Choice (CFFC).
- 1996: OSSREA Research grant on Gender issues as Principal Investigator entitled “Women Leadership Roles in Church-Based Organizations in Kenya” Funded by OSSREA
- 27th February 2020, as a participant, Kenya Private Schools Association (KEPSA) Kiambu County Directors Conference, Kiambu
- 3rd June 2016, as a Participant, Career Fair “Trained in Germany” First German-Kenyan Career Fair. Nairobi.
- 7th – 11th August 2013 Participant Fifth Pan-African Conference of the Circle of Concerned African Women Theologians, Kempton Park, South Africa.
- 4th-5th March 2011 Participant at the Symposium on the Contextualization of Religious Studies, Tangaza University College, Nairobi
- 5th-6th March 2010 Participant at the Symposium on Educational Excellence, Tangaza University College, Nairobi
- 2nd-3rd July 2008, as a Convener and Participant, Organization for Social Science Research in Eastern and Southern (OSSREA) Kenya Chapter Annual Conference in KIE Nairobi.
- 28th Feb - 1st March 2006, as a Participant and Rapporteur, Regional (OSSREA) Conference on Assessment of Poverty Reduction Strategies in Sub-Saharan Africa: The cases of Ethiopia, Kenya, Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda and Zambia. Grand Regency Hotel, Nairobi.
- 2nd- 7th July 2000, as a Participant, in an International Symposium on Feminist Biblical Interpretation and Hermeneutics of Liberation, Ascona, Switzerland.
- 1st July 2008, as a Participant and Rapporteur, National (OSSREA) Poverty Reduction Strategies Book Dissemination Workshop at KIE Nairobi.
- 30th November-1st December 2006, as a participant and presenter OSSREA Post-Doctoral Winners Workshop, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- 16th 2005 as a Participant, National (OSSREA) HIV/AIDS Dissemination Workshop, at Fairview Hotel, Nairobi.