Dr. Heather Eddah Kipchumba
- Public Policy , Governance and administration
- Gender issues
- Conflicts, Peace and reconciliation
- Alcohol and drug abuse
- Kipchumba H. E., Minja, D. and Kiruthu, F. (2021).Factors influencing the use of discretion in the control of Illicit brew trade in Kenya. A case of Kakamega and Uasin Gishu counties. African Journal of Alcohol and Drug Abuse, Vol. 5, pp. 31-40.
- Kipchumba H. E., Minja, D. and Kiruthu, F. (2020). The paradox of alcohol control policies in Kenya: Culture versus policy; a case of illicit brew control in Kakamega and Uasin Gishu counties, Kenya, International Journal of Humanities and social studies,Volume 8, Issue 12. pp. 121-126
- Kipchumba H. E. (2019). Challenges facing the implementation of Kenya’s alcoholic Drinks control Act 2010. African Journal of Alcohol and Drug and Alcohol Abuse,Edition 1, pp. 22-28 iv. Kipchumba H. E. (2018). Illicit brews in Kenya; A case of Chang’aa. Journal of African Interdisciplinary studies (JAIS) Volume 2, No. 7. pp. 83-92.
- Kipchumba H. E. (2017). Curbing illicit brews in Kenya. International Journal of Law, Humanities and social sciences. Volume 1, Issue 2. pp. 51-57.
- Jan. 2017: Doctor of philosophy (public policy and management), Kenyatta University
- 2011-2014: Master of Arts Degree (Public Administration & Public Policy), Moi University
- 2006- 2010: Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences (Government and Public Administration), Moi University; Graduated with Second Class Honors Upper Division
- 2002-2005: Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education, A.I.C Chebisaas Girls High School
- 1993-2001: Kenya Certificate Primary Education, Yemit primary
Affiliation to professional bodies
- Sept. 2019 to date: International Society of Substance use Prevention and Treatment professionals (ISSUP-Kenya)
- Sept 21 2020:UNODC and WHO- International standards on Drug use prevention
- Sept. 21 2020:Plenary 1: Setting the scene for Drug Demand Reduction in Africa
- June 2019:23rd Biennial conference of the society for menstrual cycle research,June 6-8, Colorado Springs, CO, USA. Papers presented:
- Menstrual hygiene and management in Marakwet West and Mwala sub-counties in Kenya.
- Menstruation Issues in Kenya: A Socio-cultural or a Poverty Issue? Lessons from Rural Parts of Machakos and Elgeyo Marakwet Counties
- December 2018: NACADA-ISSUP International conference on drug demand reduction Theme: Thinking Globally, Acting locally, on 10th – 14th
- December 2018 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), Nairobi – Kenya. Paper presented: Challenges Facing the Implementation of Kenya’s Alcohol Control Act 2010
- October 2021 to date : Department of public Policy and Administration timetabling coordinator, Kenyatta University
- March 2019 to date : Member, Department of Public Policy and Administration Collaborations Committee, Kenyatta University
- 2018-2021: i). Member, School of Humanities and Social Sciences Curriculum Review Committee, Kenyatta University
ii). Chairperson, Department of Public Policy and Administration Curriculum Review Committee, Kenyatta University
- June 2019 to date: Board Member, St. Josephs Lelan Boys, Marakwet West (Deputy Chairperson)
- 2008/2009: Chairperson, Marakwet University Students Association (MUSA)
- 2007/2008: Officer in charge of Gender & Child Rights, Moi University Human Rights Club