Dr. Thomas N. Kibutu
- Mwenda, A. N, Arnold K. Bregt, Arend Ligtenberg and KibutuT.N, (2012): ‘Trends in consultation and public participation within Environmental Impact Assessment in Kenya’, Impact Assessment and Project Appraisal Vol. 30, No. 2, June 2012, 130–135.
- Mwenda A. N and Kibutu T. N (2012) ‘Implications of the New Constitution on Environmental Management in Kenya’, 8/1 Law, Environment and Development Journal (2012), p. 76, available at http://www.lead-journal.org/content/12076.pdf
- Kibutu T.N. and Mwenda A. N. (2010) "Provision for Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) in Kenya’s legislation: A review of the Environmental Management & Coordination Act (EMCA) & the Environmental (Impact Assessment & Audit) Regulations (EIAAR)" East African Journal Of Humanities And Sciences, Vol. 10 No. 2.
- Kibutu T.N. (2007) Land ‘reforms’ as Development Input in Kenya’s Maasailand: Some Issues from Postcolonial Theoretical Perspectives, East African Journal Of Humanities And Sciences, Vol 7 No. 1.
- Kibutu T. N. (2007) A Critical appraisal of Postcolonial Theory and its relevance to the discourses and Practices of Development in the Africa Context, CHEMICHEMI, International Journal Of Humanities and Social Sciences Volume 4, Number 2.
- KIBUTU, T.N (Lead), Machyo, C and Ndonga, B. (2012) The Effects of The Introduction of Khat on Boy’s Education and Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS in Mbeere District, Kenya”. Research Report, Research Department, Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- Kibutu T. N (lead) . And V. G Gaitho (2010) “Poverty Manifestations and Coping Strategies in Kajiado District Kenya,” Research Report, Research Department, Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
Student Co-authored Publications
- -Khaemba P. F, Muiruri P. and Kibutu T. (2021) An Investigation of Coping Strategies adopted by Small-Scale Sugercane Growers in Bungoma County, Kenya, East African Journal of Interdisciplinary Studies, 3(1), 89-102
- -Wamalwa, P A, Kibutu T. and Musau, J (2020) Factors Influencing The Performance of Jua Kali Metallic Artisans Businesses at Kamukunji Enterprise Cluster in Nairobi County, Kenya Global Scientific Journal (GSJ) Vol.8,Issue 10,October 2020
- -Laura. A, Mulaha R. K, Kibutu T. (2020) ‘The nexus between community participation in conservation and Land cover change in Kakamega Forest, Kenya’, IJRDO – Journal of Social Sciences and Humanities Research, 5(9). 01-18
- -Ochengo, J, Muiruri P, Kibutu, T (2018) ‘Park User’s Characteristics the Influence Satisfaction in the Use of Urban Parks in Kisumu County’, Kenya, Journal of Innovative Research and Advanced Studies, 5 (11); 136-141
- - Principle Investigator for an inter-faculty research project entitled: “The Effects of The Introduction of Khat on Boy’s Education and Vulnerability to HIV/AIDS in Mbeere District, Kenya”. Financed by the Research Department, Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- -Sept. 2002 – 2005 – PhD Research entitled: “Development, Gender and the Crisis of Masculinity among the Maasai People of Ngong -Kenya’ at The University of Leicester, UK.
- -June 2001 – May 2002 – Principle Researcher for a Research entitled: “Poverty Manifestations and Coping Strategies in Kajiado District Kenya,” funded by the Research Department of the Catholic University of Eastern Africa.
- -1994-1995 MA Thesis research entitled: “Factors Influencing Housing Conditions in Muran’ga District, Kenya” at Kenyatta University.
- -1995: Research Assistant on “Working Women and Leisure in Nairobi”, Sponsored by the Organization of Social Science Research in Eastern Africa (OSSREA).
- -1995: Research Assistant on: “Diminishing Public spaces in Nairobi, Sponsored by DAAD.